News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Best climate

Started by Grinning_Colossus, May 23, 2019, 12:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these inscrutable combinations of letters represents your ideal climate?

Af
0 (0%)
Am
0 (0%)
Aw/As
1 (4%)
BWh
0 (0%)
BWk
0 (0%)
BSh
1 (4%)
BSk
0 (0%)
Csa
0 (0%)
Csb
6 (24%)
Csc
0 (0%)
Cwa
0 (0%)
Cwb
0 (0%)
Cwc
0 (0%)
Cfa
3 (12%)
Cfb
10 (40%)
Cfc
0 (0%)
Dsa
0 (0%)
Dsb
0 (0%)
Dsc
2 (8%)
Dsd
0 (0%)
Dwa
0 (0%)
Dwb
0 (0%)
Dwc
0 (0%)
Dwd
0 (0%)
Dfa
1 (4%)
Dfb
1 (4%)
Dfc
0 (0%)
Dfd
0 (0%)
ET
0 (0%)
EF
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Duque de Bragança

Bragança's micro-climate is not on the map so at best, a guess.
No tropical climate for me, dry heat, if not too high is fine during summer. Can't understand why people travel thousands of km to endure unhealthy climates.
I actually like a bit of snow during winter. Bit irregular in Bragança nowadays, but used to be a given a couple of generations ago.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on May 23, 2019, 02:03:22 AM
Csb, which is a slightly milder version of what I have right now (csa). But Med climates rule.

Csb is what we have here, come visit some day. :cheers:

It's actually rather lovely weather during the summer.  :cool:

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Iormlund

The climate here is pretty shitty (CsA summers and cold windy winters).

Of those climates I've experienced CsB was best. Temperate winters, cool summers.

Top place though probably goes to some Highland CfB microclimates. My Venezuelan gf grew up in the Andes, and the weather in that town is basically like Spanish late spring the whole year round. The downside is people who grew up there are always too cold or too hot anywhere else.  :P

Barrister

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 23, 2019, 03:58:45 AM
Dsc = Mediterranean-influenced subarctic climate; coldest month averaging below 0 °C (32 °F) (or −3 °C (27 °F)) and 1–3 months averaging above 10 °C (50 °F). At least three times as much precipitation in the wettest month of winter as in the driest month of summer, and driest month of summer receives less than 30 mm (1.2 in).

:yes:

I was trying to find out Whitehorse's climate, which I generally enjoyed.  I think it's DSC.

Properly cold winter, with summer highs around 15-20c.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 23, 2019, 02:01:35 PM

I was trying to find out Whitehorse's climate, which I generally enjoyed.  I think it's DSC.

You are one sick motherfucker BB :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 23, 2019, 02:07:18 PM

If you're hot, there's nothing you can do to cool down.

If it's cool out, you can always put on a light jacket or a sweater and be warm.

:)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on May 23, 2019, 02:11:50 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 23, 2019, 02:07:18 PM

If you're hot, there's nothing you can do to cool down.

If it's cool out, you can always put on a light jacket or a sweater and be warm.

:)

Air conditioning. Or water + fan.

If you go somewhere that's never too hot, it's almost always too cold. I prefer balance.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 23, 2019, 03:23:51 PM
Air conditioning. Or water + fan.

If you go somewhere that's never too hot, it's almost always too cold. I prefer balance.

That only works if you never go outside.

And I like going outside.

Valmy

If I am living in Whitehorse I am staying inside 9 months out of the year  :ph34r:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Come to Toronto, where you can get the best of both worlds - way too hot in summer, way too cold in winter.

Perfect balance!  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

it's so cold now, that I think I'm ready for Aw/As or Am.  All freaking year long.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

KRonn

I voted cfb as that's what I have where I am so accustomed to it, but also would vote secondly, or even preferably, for csa or csb for warmer and less humid in the summer. A Mediterranean climate seems a more comfortable year round climate. Hmm, maybe I should move. :)

Caliga

Csb is my favorite by far, of all the ones I've been to.  I believe all of coastal southern California is in this climate zone?

I also like tropical climates such as Am/Aw (e.g. Miami Beach, Turks and Caicos, Punta Cana).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points