News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

April in Toronto

Started by Savonarola, April 01, 2019, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Hillary, do you know why Malthus stopped coming?  I missed it.

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 01, 2023, 10:03:44 PMHillary, do you know why Malthus stopped coming?  I missed it.

Think he just got tired of us lol . Hopefully he comes back.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

So there wasn't a big blow up in the Canucklehead thread?

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 01, 2023, 10:19:10 PMSo there wasn't a big blow up in the Canucklehead thread?

Checked because I was curious. There was indeed a kerfuffle in the canuck thread. But not more antagonistic then most Anglo franco relations discussion.

Malthus was also on last week. Hi malthus, if you see this come back, we, or at least I, miss you :hug:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 01, 2023, 10:03:44 PMHillary, do you know why Malthus stopped coming?  I missed it.
He got tired of you.  :ph34r:

I remember his reasons for posting less often, but I can not remember if they were made public or in the backroom, so I shall refrain for making too much comments.  There was nothing particular, no grudge, no temper tantrum.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

Quote from: Savonarola on May 01, 2023, 03:36:19 PMJosephus, I'll be in Oshawa from May 22 to May 25, would you be interested in meeting up?  I'm available the evenings of the 22nd to the 24th.

HVC (and Sask and Malthus, if they're still lurking) are welcome too; but I don't blame you if you don't want to go to Oshawa.

What the hell you doing in the Shwa?

The Monday or Wednesday should work if you want to meet up for a bite and a couple drinks.

The more the merrier, guys....Oshawa's on the GO Train line.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Savonarola

Quote from: Josephus on May 02, 2023, 05:34:29 AMWhat the hell you doing in the Shwa?

The Monday or Wednesday should work if you want to meet up for a bite and a couple drinks.

The more the merrier, guys....Oshawa's on the GO Train line.

MetroLinx has a large shop in Whitby and we're doing surveys for retrofits of the existing fleet.  I was there in February, but I didn't realize that's where you were until I saw you talk about Oshawa on a later thread.

Either Monday or Wednesday work for me; let's see if anyone else can make it.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Malthus

Hi all!

I can't make it to Oshawa, unfortunately. Deep into work, which has become all-encompassing.

I haven't been around much lately, nothing to do with Languish, just not as much into social media anymore.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Savonarola

Quote from: Malthus on May 06, 2023, 03:49:47 PMHi all!

I can't make it to Oshawa, unfortunately. Deep into work, which has become all-encompassing.

I haven't been around much lately, nothing to do with Languish, just not as much into social media anymore.

Thanks for replying Malthus, it's good to hear from you.

This may be one of the few times I go to Oshawa (of course I could be jinxing myself with that), but I'll be back in Toronto regularly.  I'll PM you when I'm coming back next.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

HVC

Nice to see you Malthus.

I should know early next week if I'm in province for the meet up. I'll let you guys know.

Savonarola

Will you be able to make it, Hilario?

HVC

Quote from: Savonarola on May 18, 2023, 07:35:47 AMWill you be able to make it, Hilario?

Oops, sorry, thought I posted. I'll be in lovely Saskatoon, so I'll have to miss this one.

Josephus

Well....it was a small group. Just the two of us. Good conversation. Plus some souvlaki and beers. Always good when we meet face to face.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Savonarola

Savonarola

No beholders, jerk poutine or museums that may or may not exist this time; but still a lot of fun.  Thanks Josephus!