News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

April in Toronto

Started by Savonarola, April 01, 2019, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Sorry, I'll have to Bow out. the glorious frozen fields of Saskatchewan calls
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

saskganesh

we will not talk about you then. :secret:
humans were created in their own image

saskganesh

Savonarola

Yes, I should still be able to make that.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Malthus

I won't be able to come sadly.  :( Stuff going down at work.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Don't let him fool you - he just doesn't want to risk getting infected.

saskganesh

Quote from: Savonarola on February 27, 2020, 03:07:02 PM
Yes, I should still be able to make that.

alright. you and me Sav. We will txt on arrival, around six.  :Canuck:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 27, 2020, 04:37:33 PM

Because he's a lawyer and thus overly risk-averse?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

saskganesh

Good times. We met an Eye Tyrant, had some big bottomed tattooed waitresses, and saw the sacrificial baby altar. And there were sound effects.

:cheers: .

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

As always it was a great deal of fun; thanks Sask.  :cheers:

Savonarola

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 27, 2020, 04:37:33 PM

It's probably like the Bay Street version of The Decameron.  A group of lawyers remain holed up in their office telling law stories to pass the time; until one by one they realize that dying of the plague would have been preferable.

;)

saskganesh

lol :D

and great picture too. :cheers:

Savonarola

Josephus, I'll be in Oshawa from May 22 to May 25, would you be interested in meeting up?  I'm available the evenings of the 22nd to the 24th.

HVC (and Sask and Malthus, if they're still lurking) are welcome too; but I don't blame you if you don't want to go to Oshawa.

HVC

i may not be in town, but i'll know closer to the date :)

maybe pm Malthus, i think he lurks once in a while. Not sure if sask lurks though
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.