Who should the democrats pick to run against Trump

Started by jimmy olsen, April 01, 2019, 06:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who should the democrats nominate to run against Trump?

Joe Biden
5 (12.2%)
Bernie Sanders
9 (22%)
Kamala Harris
5 (12.2%)
Beto O'Rourke
3 (7.3%)
Elizabeth Warren
4 (9.8%)
Amy Klobuchar
3 (7.3%)
Kirsten Gillibrand
0 (0%)
Cory Booker
2 (4.9%)
Pete Buttigieg
5 (12.2%)
Other
5 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: celedhring on April 02, 2019, 01:54:02 AM
Quote from: Oexmelin on April 01, 2019, 05:01:00 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 01, 2019, 03:57:40 PM
Tulsi Doom has no chance. 

:thumbsup:

Maybe she'd have more chances if her name was indeed Tulsi Doom.

That's indeed one of the best Yi nicknames.

Doesn't seem apt, from what little I know of her.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Solmyr

Quote from: Tyr on April 01, 2019, 05:23:05 PM
Sanders would be great, and it's true he is only as old as trump.... But trump is a walking corpse.
That being said sanders wouldn't take trumps bs. Those "debates" would be fun to see.

I don't follow American politics in too much detail but I guess there is no suitable like sanders but middle aged figure?

AOC? I guess there's a minimum age law but is there any actual reason for the President to be an old fart?

celedhring

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 02, 2019, 02:35:17 AM
Quote from: celedhring on April 02, 2019, 01:54:02 AM
Quote from: Oexmelin on April 01, 2019, 05:01:00 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 01, 2019, 03:57:40 PM
Tulsi Doom has no chance. 

:thumbsup:

Maybe she'd have more chances if her name was indeed Tulsi Doom.

That's indeed one of the best Yi nicknames.

Doesn't seem apt, from what little I know of her.

She doesn't behead her political opponents or command her staff to commit suicide?

jimmy olsen

1. Warren
2. Bernie (I voted Bernie in the poll because I think he's more likely to win the general)
3. Butt
4. O'Rourke
5. Gillibrand
6. Harris
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Savonarola

Quote from: Tyr on April 01, 2019, 05:23:05 PM
Sanders would be great, and it's true he is only as old as trump....

Sanders is five years older than Trump.  If Trump serves two complete terms he will be the oldest person to serve as president.  If Sanders were to win in 2020 he would be the oldest person to serve as president the day he took office.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

alfred russel

You fight fire with fire. So maybe you fight an old guy with a really old guy? The old woman thing didn't work last time.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Savonarola

Anyhow I voted Biden; the Biden-Trump debates will become the stuff of legend.  Not "Legend" in the sense of Kennedy-Nixon or Lincoln-Douglas; but instead like the aged Beowulf and the dragon.  In the upcoming dark ages bards will sing songs of the contest in their liege's mead hall.

Unless Schultz does run, in which case Bloomberg is the best possible choice.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Monoriu

Voted Joe Biden.  The rest either I don't know, or I don't prefer (Warren and Sanders). 

KRonn

Quote from: Savonarola on April 02, 2019, 03:22:28 PM
Anyhow I voted Biden; the Biden-Trump debates will become the stuff of legend.  Not "Legend" in the sense of Kennedy-Nixon or Lincoln-Douglas; but instead like the aged Beowulf and the dragon.  In the upcoming dark ages bards will sing songs of the contest in their liege's mead hall.

Hehe, it'll be a classic, that's for sure. Debates for the ages! :)  But I think Biden is going to fade quite a bit. He's been apologizing and back tracking for some of his past views and ideas in order to appease the more staunch lefties, and that looks weak. Then warranted or not he's getting hit by women's accusations plus what's on video of him doing at events, even with kids, the touching and such. I think it's over blown in some cases and creepy in others, but politics gets nasty as he's of course getting hit by other Dem candidate contenders.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Savonarola on April 02, 2019, 03:22:28 PM

There's no way this stuff isn't going to tank him in a democratic primary. 
https://mobile.twitter.com/GreatAmericaPAC/status/1113141376546308097
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

I dunno, that kinda looks like a suicide vest. The Democratic candidate who utilizes such a cheap accusation may take out Biden, but his own credibility will be crushed. Note that it's a pro-Trump Pac running the ad.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Legbiter

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 03, 2019, 08:44:46 AMThere's no way this stuff isn't going to tank him in a democratic primary.https://mobile.twitter.com/GreatAmericaPAC/status/1113141376546308097

Depends on who shows up to vote in the primaries. If a lot of "normies" show up to vote for him then it might not really become an issue.  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

grumbler

I think all the pervs are voting for the guy who likes to grab women by the pussy.  Also, the people old enough to remember when men could be touchy are senile enough to vote Trump as well.  Biden won't get any votes for being touchy, but he's also too old to run for office. 

Plus, while Biden isn't Trumpishly dishonest, he's got a few whoppers in his past.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Legbiter

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 03, 2019, 09:02:23 AM
I dunno, that kinda looks like a suicide vest. The Democratic candidate who utilizes such a cheap accusation may take out Biden, but his own credibility will be crushed.

That is the ever-present danger. That once the Democratic candidates are done #MeTooing each other and/or accusing each other of being Kremlin agents, while Trump does running standup comedy on the sidelines, whoever crawls bloodily into the ring with Trump will be that much weaker.  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.