News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on May 10, 2022, 06:04:38 PMHopefully that would make Twitter go the way of Parler, which would be a good thing for society for many different reasons.

The appeal of twitter is that you can see what others, such as celebrities, journalists, politicians, institutions, etc. want to communicate real time. Parler was useless because those people/institutions weren't on Parler because twitter already existed and there was no point unless you were a right wing conservative. so it became a right wing cesspool (i assume, never saw it firsthand).

I doubt many users with 100k plus followers are going to be deleting their twitter accounts if Trump rejoins. Probably most regular twitter users were around when trump had his twitter account anyway.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Jacob

Yeah, I don't think Twitter is going to go away in one fell swoop like that.

Josquius

I do wonder how much of a push it would be to see something else become the new twitter as twitter becomes tainted. Where the critical mass of celebrities jumping ship would be.
Whether it be a public "I'm leaving quitter" or more a facebook style "Nobody under 50 actually uses that anymore"
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Jacob on May 11, 2022, 11:26:38 AMYeah, I don't think Twitter is going to go away in one fell swoop like that.
I'll settle for several fell swoops if I have to.

Jacob

Quote from: DGuller on May 11, 2022, 12:49:49 PMI'll settle for several fell swoops if I have to.

I appreciate your flexibility :cheers:

The Larch

QuoteTwitter takeover temporarily on hold, says Elon Musk
Tesla owner says $44bn deal has been paused until he gets more information about fake accounts

Elon Musk has said his $44bn takeover of Twitter is "temporarily on hold" after the social media platform claimed that less than 5% of its users were spam or fake accounts.

The Tesla chief tweeted on Friday morning that the deal was being frozen while he awaited details behind Twitter's assertion.

Musk announced the move alongside a link to a Reuters article published on 2 May that referred to a filing with the US financial regulator, in which Twitter claimed that false or spam accounts represented less than 5% of its daily average users.

Musk has railed at automated Twitter accounts – which are not run manually – and said after announcing the takeover that he wanted to improve the platform by "authenticating all humans". He has agreed to pay a $1bn break fee to Twitter if he walks away from the deal.

The news sent Twitter's shares down about 23% in pre-market trading, on concerns that the deal could collapse.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

Maybe he could buy Parler instead? Or TikTok?

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Jacob on May 13, 2022, 10:07:35 AMMaybe he could buy Parler instead? Or TikTok?
He's buying Twitter instead.
Those that don't like it... well, they can make their own platform.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on May 13, 2022, 10:29:05 AM
Quote from: Jacob on May 13, 2022, 10:07:35 AMMaybe he could buy Parler instead? Or TikTok?

The reason for the hold on the sale is because he has run afoul of regulatory requirements.  Not this made up reason.

CountDeMoney

celedhring

I don't know if that's more insulting to Musk or to Italians  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: celedhring on May 13, 2022, 10:34:46 AMI don't know if that's more insulting to Musk or to Italians  :lol:

Oooh, disruptiano!!!

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 13, 2022, 10:32:32 AM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on May 13, 2022, 10:29:05 AM

The reason for the hold on the sale is because he has run afoul of regulatory requirements.  Not this made up reason.
true, but the stung way in which so many on the left react(ed) to the news Musk buying Twitter has nothing to do with that.
Those appear more like what you get when the orthodoxy and dogmas are being challenged.