News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Growing my hair longer - tips needed

Started by Martinus, July 13, 2009, 06:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I'm thinking of growing my hair a bit longer. Will probably end up hating it but want to see how I would look.

Now, anyone can offer any tips how to approach it, so I don't end up looking like a hobo during the "transition phase"? Should I still go to the barber or stop until my hair is the right length? Any ideas or advice?

Tamas

Here is a tip from someone who have seen you in person: don't do it

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HisMajestyBOB

Going for the Baltar look?

As for advice: based on my college days, I recommend going to the barber and getting it trimmed/shapened up every month or so. I did not, and while it worked on campus, it doesn't work in the real world.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Caliga

Let it grow for like 2 months and then ask the barber for a 'medium taper'.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Alatriste

Quote from: Tamas on July 13, 2009, 06:37:27 AM
Here is a tip from someone who have seen you in person: don't do it

"From someone who has seen you in person"

Signed: The Grammar Gestapo (we have been known to make mistakes, but evidence has been thoroughly removed)

Regarding long hair, I'm each day more and more in favor of short hair. So much, you can call me a Roundhead...

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on July 13, 2009, 06:54:49 AM
How long are you talking about?
The Baltar look. :ph34r:

Maybe not as long as in the picture in my avatar, but his look before the invasion of Caprica.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on July 13, 2009, 07:35:43 AM
Quote from: Barrister on July 13, 2009, 06:54:49 AM
How long are you talking about?
The Baltar look. :ph34r:

Maybe not as long as in the picture in my avatar, but his look before the invasion of Caprica.

:lol:

Okay, so I doubt it'll be a good idea for you, but at least that's not 'slap upside the head' dumb.

Yeah - continue to see a hair stylist as it grows out.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quotetips needed

not getting it cut? Ah, what the hell, you switch your gay gears and change your mind anyways.

I will sent my consult fee bill to you later.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

A slight trim every so often seems wise. I'm no hair expert though I'm pretty sure different bits will grow and different speeds so it would seem wise to control those jumping too far ahead.
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Find a good stylist and tell them what you want to do, get their thoughts on it, and leave yourself in their hands.  :cool:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Monoriu

Quote from: Martinus on July 13, 2009, 06:24:35 AM
I'm thinking of growing my hair a bit longer. Will probably end up hating it but want to see how I would look.

Now, anyone can offer any tips how to approach it, so I don't end up looking like a hobo during the "transition phase"? Should I still go to the barber or stop until my hair is the right length? Any ideas or advice?

1. Take a picture of yourself
2. Load the pic into a computer
3. Play with it in Photoshop
4. Make a decision.