The Korean Crisis - How Will It Play Out?

Started by mongers, September 03, 2017, 03:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on October 15, 2017, 04:12:24 PM
I'd settle for a decapitation strike on the leadership.

But what about the North Korean leadership?

dps

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on October 15, 2017, 03:08:40 PM
I'm confused. We've only been dealing with the latest leader of NK for 6 years...

Now I'm confused.  If only the "latest leader" counts, then our latest leader has only been dealing with their latest leader for ten months or so.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

For real?

You think a pre-emptive attack on North Korea's leadership is the best course of action?

You've considered the risk of the 25 million people in Seoul's capital area being subject to intense artillery bombardment, you've considered the potential cost in American lives and treasure if the region gets destabilized and the US gets drawn into an extended conflict, and you've considered the risk of destabilizing the North leading to the creation of millions of refugees... and you think "seems like the best course of action"?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

Quote from: Jacob on October 16, 2017, 12:19:05 PM

For real?

You think a pre-emptive attack on North Korea's leadership is the best course of action?

You've considered the risk of the 25 million people in Seoul's capital area being subject to intense artillery bombardment, you've considered the potential cost in American lives and treasure if the region gets destabilized and the US gets drawn into an extended conflict, and you've considered the risk of destabilizing the North leading to the creation of millions of refugees... and you think "seems like the best course of action"?

Quit being a pussy. Real men drop bombs.

When has that course ever failed to work out for us?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 03, 2017, 03:54:35 PM
Hating on me is not going to address your self-loathing about being a Canadian, V. 
That is something you, and only you, can solve.  :hug:
I don't really hate you CdM.  I just think you're a whiny little bitch and that's annoying.  You always need something to complain about.  You hate everyone around you and we're supposed to hate you. 

If it's what pleases you, then ok, I hate you.  Happy now? :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, I'm such a whiny little bitch, I'm going to act like one right now.

Berkut

That's definitely a whiny bitch move, for sure.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Meh, even when I agree with him he wants to fight about it.  He's like the chick that breaks your stuff just to have an excuse for the makeup sex.

dps

Quote from: Jacob on October 16, 2017, 12:19:05 PM

For real?

You've considered the risk of the 25 million people in Seoul's capital area being subject to intense artillery bombardment, you've considered the potential cost in American lives and treasure if the region gets destabilized and the US gets drawn into an extended conflict, and you've considered the risk of destabilizing the North leading to the creation of millions of refugees..'m. and you think "seems like the best course of action"?

I'm not sure that there is a good course of action with regards to North Korea, but I'm pretty sure that waiting around until they develop missiles that can reliably hit the US is a bad idea.

Jacob

Quote from: dps on October 16, 2017, 05:32:08 PM
I'm not sure that there is a good course of action with regards to North Korea, but I'm pretty sure that waiting around until they develop missiles that can reliably hit the US is a bad idea.

Yeah, there are no obviously awesome courses of action on the table I don't think. The salient one is whether a preemptive attack is worth the risk.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2017, 03:57:13 PM
You ready to nuke those slopes now into the stone age star-spangled style since the nigger wouldn't do it, dps?  Is that what you're saying, since we "keep following the same failed course?"

I got a hard on.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney