And we're back!

Main Menu

Malthus Cartoon Art Thread

Started by Malthus, August 29, 2017, 10:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on October 26, 2017, 03:21:29 PM
They put a cutter on a kids show? ... that's a bold move :lol:

More like a dark magic junkie.  :P In this universe, using dark magic causes visible necrosis to one's veins on the arms.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

"Romantic problems with that Marco boy, Star? Here, why not try this spell of mine ..."

(An experiment in attempting foreshortening)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Here's another number card (their school teacher, before and after Star accidentally turned her into a troll):

crazy canuck

I love how the troll looks more happy and excited about being a teacher.

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 30, 2017, 01:13:04 PM
I love how the troll looks more happy and excited about being a teacher.

That's pretty well what happens in the show.  :D She ends up preferring being a troll. Not that she is given a choice.

Malthus

Face within monster mouth motif, Platform of Venus, Chichen Itza.

Malthus

This card is dedicated to CdM - the character is a nasty Asian high school girl.  :D

crazy canuck

CdM hasn't posted for a while, since Malthus made that post above mine :hmm:

edit: added the words after the comma to make the meaning a bit more obvious....

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

I like the #7 card the best of the last three cards.  The emotions come across clearly and the eyes are more interesting than troll/teacher or heart girl.  Arms crossed girl is nigh-perfect.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Malthus

Quote from: grumbler on October 31, 2017, 05:37:25 PM
I like the #7 card the best of the last three cards.  The emotions come across clearly and the eyes are more interesting than troll/teacher or heart girl.  Arms crossed girl is nigh-perfect.

Thanks!

I had lots of trouble with Card 7 - I made a big mistake at first, coloring hands-on-hips' dress in gold (which gave a most unfortunate impression, because I already used gold for skin tone :D ).  I had to actually cut out a slip of paper to cover that up, or re-do the card.

Heart girl was mostly an experiment in foreshortening the outstretched hand. I've never used dramatic foreshortening before - I find it difficult. It looks natural if done convincingly, but doing it convincingly is really tough, and doing it badly - doesn't look at all natural. 

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 31, 2017, 02:54:50 PM

edit: added the words after the comma to make the meaning a bit more obvious....

Hands on hips girl: listening to CdM's proposal.

Smiling girl: standing over CdM, having accepted the proposal ...

:P

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on November 01, 2017, 02:16:20 PM

I thought it was the other way around

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on November 01, 2017, 02:16:20 PM

She's not berating you enough for buying a Chevrolet when you could've gone into more debt with a Honda.  Also, she's not breaking your things because I don't know why you have to see your parents on Christmas when you saw them on Thanksgiving even though they're just 20 minutes away.  Or you have to write me out a years' worth of post-dated checks or I'll file rape charges.

So yeah...needs more work, Mal.

CountDeMoney