About those peaceful antifa protests...

Started by viper37, August 20, 2017, 02:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Quote from: DGuller on December 30, 2018, 02:57:01 PM

As far as variation, I'm sure there is some, but how much crossover there is between the two "old school genders"?  Does the typical curve of hormonal level look like the first one, or the second one?

Stop saying gender when you mean biological sex.  There is nothing "old school" about two genders for all societies, even our gender roles changed over time - women performing previously male work, wearing male clothing, etc. these days.  There is a basic gene-based duality between biological sexes, with the genetic problems alluded to thrown in.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on December 30, 2018, 04:41:01 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 29, 2018, 05:38:55 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on December 29, 2018, 05:36:35 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 29, 2018, 05:23:48 PM
Quote from: Tyr on December 28, 2018, 06:26:05 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 27, 2018, 08:17:17 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 27, 2018, 02:41:14 PM
Why not?

https://www.bjjee.com/articles/transgender-mma-fighter-breaks-female-opponents-skull-are-we-getting-too-politically-correct-with-reality/

Utter BS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/02/25/transgender-wrestler-mack-beggs-wins-second-texas-state-girls-championship/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.39d389f7fbe9

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/06/06/transgender-freshman-sprinter-born-a-male-wins-two-girls-state-championships

A bit misrepresented in the reporting of the second one I've seen.  Odd you'd include it with the others since it's a case for the other pov.
The issue is its a FTM transgender person who due to conservative rules is forced to compete with women.
This being high school level there's no protections against doping.
Transgender men competing with men on this amateur level  is a bit less of a problem and should be allowed. It's the other way around and at top levels where things are iffy.
Seems wrong to utterly deny them access to sport though they do have a natural advantage.

Then compete as your true gender. Or don't compete at all.

The true gender of a trans woman is woman. :huh:

Hogwash.

So you're saying our BuddhaRhubarb here isn't a woman?

If the person identifies as such, no problem. Go into a women's sport, I call BS.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Richard Hakluyt

I find the idea of multiple genders liberating; I would like there to be so many that everyone is catered for.

Now as regards sex, apart from a few intersex people that is fairly immutable. When a man changes his gender his/her fundamental skeletal and muscular structure does not change; which is why I think women's sports (at least at the elite level) should be confined to cis-women.

11B4V

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 30, 2018, 03:25:10 PM
I find the idea of multiple genders liberating; I would like there to be so many that everyone is catered for.

Now as regards sex, apart from a few intersex people that is fairly immutable. When a man changes his gender his/her fundamental skeletal and muscular structure does not change; which is why I think women's sports (at least at the elite level) should be confined to cis-women.

IMO, any level.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 30, 2018, 03:33:40 PM
I'm not good with bathrooms either.

The general rule is that if you miss the porcelain you should clear up after.

11B4V

11B4V

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 30, 2018, 03:41:30 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 30, 2018, 03:33:40 PM
I'm not good with bathrooms either.

The general rule is that if you miss the porcelain you should clear up after.

They just have to learn to put the seat down...

dps

DGuller

Razgovory

Meh, I talked about this a couple years ago and had my head bitten off.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: 11B4V on December 30, 2018, 03:28:52 PM

IMO, any level.

Thats just ridiculous though.
Why should an unsporty and very feminine girl in PE class be forced to play rugby with the boys?
Sounds like a recipe for trouble.
Just as clear that at the top level you shouldn't have trans women  competing in women's events is that at the casual level you should let people be with their official gender.
██████
██████
██████

11B4V

Quote from: Tyr on December 30, 2018, 06:14:54 PM

IMO, any level.

Why should an unsporty and very feminine girl in PE class be forced to play rugby with the boys?
Just as clear that at the top level you shouldn't have trans women  competing in women's events is that at the casual level you should let people be with their official gender.

Who said force the a girl(above) to play any sport? Or force anyone to play any sport? Wtf are you talking about? :huh:

Trans women should not be allowed in any women's sport category at any level.
WNBA
Olympic anything
Collegiate anything
Female boxing/mma
Wrestling
CWHL
etc

Josquius

Quote from: 11B4V on December 30, 2018, 06:44:22 PM
Quote from: Tyr on December 30, 2018, 06:14:54 PM

IMO, any level.

Who said force the a girl(above) to play any sport? Or force anyone to play any sport? Wtf are you talking about? :huh:

Trans women should not be allowed in any women's sport category at any level.
WNBA
Olympic anything
Collegiate anything
Female boxing/mma
Wrestling
CWHL
etc

You're talking about a handful of cases here.
It's unlikely too many transsexuals will have the skill and ability to compete on an elite level for either gender.
In those cases where it is possible we've already established there is an issue with trans women.

Far more important is the ground level stuff. Not elite athletes winning competitions. But normal kids in PE class.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

I can't tell what you're arguing for or against Squeeze.