About those peaceful antifa protests...

Started by viper37, August 20, 2017, 02:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

In every PE class games i've ever known, they just mix genders and no one cares.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Really?  We segregated starting in 7th grade.

11B4V

Quote from: Tyr on December 30, 2018, 07:21:13 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 30, 2018, 06:44:22 PM
Quote from: Tyr on December 30, 2018, 06:14:54 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 30, 2018, 03:28:52 PM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 30, 2018, 03:25:10 PM
I find the idea of multiple genders liberating; I would like there to be so many that everyone is catered for.

Now as regards sex, apart from a few intersex people that is fairly immutable. When a man changes his gender his/her fundamental skeletal and muscular structure does not change; which is why I think women's sports (at least at the elite level) should be confined to cis-women.

IMO, any level.

Thats just ridiculous though.
Why should an unsporty and very feminine girl in PE class be forced to play rugby with the boys?
Sounds like a recipe for trouble.
Just as clear that at the top level you shouldn't have trans women  competing in women's events is that at the casual level you should let people be with their official gender.

Who said force the a girl(above) to play any sport? Or force anyone to play any sport? Wtf are you talking about? :huh:

Trans women should not be allowed in any women's sport category at any level.
WNBA
Olympic anything
Collegiate anything
Female boxing/mma
Wrestling
CWHL
etc

You're talking about a handful of cases here.
It's unlikely too many transsexuals will have the skill and ability to compete on an elite level for either gender.
In those cases where it is possible we've already established there is an issue with trans women.

Far more important is the ground level stuff. Not elite athletes winning competitions. But normal kids in PE class.

I'm not talking about PE class, but sports competition at all levels.  Who's talking about PE class?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

Quotecan't tell what you're arguing for or against Squeeze.
No trans women in top level female sport - logical.
Trans women forced to be with the men in bottom level casual sport - ridiculous.
Where the line lies - a difficult question

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 30, 2018, 07:36:36 PM
In every PE class games i've ever known, they just mix genders and no one cares.

Like starship troopers?
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

So basically people would rather place trans women at significant risk to health and life (because no male sports players are ever violent transphobes, ever) rather than maybe occasionally sometimes mess up their sports results. Okay. :huh:

Eddie Teach

So basically you would put cis-women at increased risk and kill women's sports to make a political point?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Quote from: Solmyr on December 31, 2018, 04:04:06 AM
So basically people would rather place trans women at significant risk to health and life (because no male sports players are ever violent transphobes, ever) rather than maybe occasionally sometimes mess up their sports results. Okay. :huh:

These are the best kinds of arguments.

Either you agree with me, or you want to kill people! MONSTER!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Camerus

Solmyr is an odd duck. Seemingly overnight, he went from markedly rightwing to a militant progressive of the "agree with me or you're immoral" mold.  Not sure if it's all a troll or just a function of an unbalanced personality.

DGuller

I think we got our winner for the least convincing argument of 2018, almost on the buzzer.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Solmyr

Quote from: Camerus on December 31, 2018, 10:02:54 AM
Solmyr is an odd duck. Seemingly overnight, he went from markedly rightwing to a militant progressive of the "agree with me or you're immoral" mold.  Not sure if it's all a troll or just a function of an unbalanced personality.

Nah, just got fed up with rightwingers' egoism and contempt for human rights. :)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on December 31, 2018, 03:40:45 AM

Like starship troopers?

They aren't taking showers together.  I haven't had a Gym class since college but it was co-ed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

(because no male sports players are ever violent transphobes, ever)

So are you suggesting Trans-men are at a serious health and life risk for competing with male athletes? I mean there might be reasons to allow trans people to compete with Cis-Women but trying to protect them all from subhuman barbarous male athletes seems a little ridiculous.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."