About those peaceful antifa protests...

Started by viper37, August 20, 2017, 02:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on August 21, 2018, 10:15:41 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 21, 2018, 10:05:06 AM
Quote from: derspiess on August 21, 2018, 09:28:13 AM
Anyone here still like Antifa?  I mean, they're Anti-Fascists, after all.  How can you oppose a group that goes after Fascists?

Anyone here think that one incident makes confronting fascists a bad idea?

So you're saying you still like Antifa?

I do.  Most of them aren't violent.  They do however sometimes use the internet identify those who are openly racist and try to get them fired.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Sometimes the American military kills civilians, derspiess. Are you still a supporter of the American military?

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on August 21, 2018, 10:38:04 AM
Generally, I don't see the difference between the Purple Drazi and the Green Drazi.  Seems to matter to them, though.

Neither did the Swiss in WW2.  They had no problem taking peculiar deposits (first time a customer came in with 30,000 gold teeth!) from the Purple Drazi.  A shining example of non-tribal businesses.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on August 21, 2018, 11:58:07 AM
Quote from: derspiess on August 21, 2018, 10:18:12 AM
Antifa are pretty much 100% violent.

You're pretty much 100% full of shit.

Hi Jake.  Are you part of Antifa?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on August 21, 2018, 01:41:42 PM
Hi Jake.  Are you part of Antifa?

Hi derspiess. Given the current political climate in the US, given that I travel there on business, and given that my actual identity is traceable here (unlike yours, I note), I'm not going to speak of any personal political affiliations.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on August 21, 2018, 01:47:56 PM
Oh, for Pete's sake :lol: :rolleyes:

Yeah for sure - the American right wing - including fine upstanding conservatives who are not Trump supporters like yourself - are currently working overtime to cast anti-fascist activism as terrorism. For you it's just inconsequential points scoring on the internet, done safely and anonymously. Maybe I should've made a different decision about how much I revealed about my personal life to you guys over the years, but that's a bit late now.

I'll happily talk to you about the subject in person should we have the opportunity though :)

Razgovory

I have yet to see conservative solution to the Alt-Right problem.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on August 21, 2018, 02:23:23 PM

What is the alt-right problem, and what do you think Conservatives ought to do to fix it? Physically assault alt-righters? Ruin their lives somehow?

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on August 21, 2018, 02:52:02 PM

What is the alt-right problem, and what do you think Conservatives ought to do to fix it? Physically assault alt-righters? Ruin their lives somehow?

How about making it clear that their conduct is not acceptable.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

The existence of white nationalists is a problem.  The fact they have made a beachhead into mainstream politics is an extremely large problem.  Conservatives should strive toward driving these people back underground.  How they do it is up to them.

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 21, 2018, 03:03:28 PM

What conduct?

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 21, 2018, 03:03:28 PM

Judging by reactions here and reactions of the Republican Party, it seems like refusing to condemn the alt-right and taking up their talking points and ideology seems to be the solution conservatives are going with.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."