News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

About those peaceful antifa protests...

Started by viper37, August 20, 2017, 02:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on August 30, 2017, 04:34:49 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Calling someone out for being white? Berkut will not stand for this!

Wow, you were really stung by someone calling you our for overt racism, weren't you?

It is ironic that in all of Languish, you are probably the most openly racist poster we have.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jacob

Quote from: Berkut on August 30, 2017, 05:21:16 PM
It is ironic that in all of Languish, you are probably the most openly racist poster we have.

You genuinely think so?

Eddie Teach

It's obviously lettow if he still counts.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Quote from: garbon on August 30, 2017, 04:34:49 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Calling someone out for being white? Berkut will not stand for this!

Wow, you were really stung by someone calling you our for overt racism, weren't you?

You can't be racist against white people silly.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Berkut

Quote from: Jacob on August 30, 2017, 05:24:13 PM

You genuinely think so?

He states unequivocally that people think in a certain manner because of their race, and is perfectly comfortable saying things that if the roles were reversed, you would blast away at him for being a white supremacist or something (and rightly so, btw).

What is more interesting than me calling him out on comments that are clearly racist, is that you give him a complete pass on it. It isn't even worthy of comment from you that he accused someone of having views determined by their race.

Your radar is all out of whack.

0 rows returned

Jacob

Quote from: Berkut on August 30, 2017, 05:30:33 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 30, 2017, 05:24:13 PM
You genuinely think so?

He states unequivocally that people think in a certain manner because of their race, and is perfectly comfortable saying things that if the roles were reversed, you would blast away at him for being a white supremacist or something (and rightly so, btw).

What is more interesting than me calling him out on comments that are clearly racist, is that you give him a complete pass on it. It isn't even worthy of comment from you that he accused someone of having views determined by their race.

Your radar is all out of whack.

Well that answers my question. Thank you.

Jacob

On this:

Given the amount of racist trolling and just-having-a-laugh posting that happens on languish when CdM, derspiess, Ed, and others get into their various schticks, I do not rate garbon's "*white whine*" as particularly noteworthy, no. Off-handed trolling dismissals of viewpoints you disagree with - or viewpoints you agree with but which suggest an opening - are pretty par for the course here IMO, including ones that are implicitly or explicitly racist.

Then again, you getting your knickers in a twist over something fairly trivial and going all "Berkut Indignation Level: Throbbing Purple" is par for the course too, but personally I don't find it particularly interesting.

DGuller

Are there any other examples of garbon being openly racist out there?

Berkut

Quote from: Jacob on August 30, 2017, 05:49:27 PM

On this:

Given the amount of racist trolling and just-having-a-laugh posting that happens on languish when CdM, derspiess, Ed, and others get into their various schticks, I do not rate garbon's "*white whine*" as particularly noteworthy, no. Off-handed trolling dismissals of viewpoints you disagree with - or viewpoints you agree with but which suggest an opening - are pretty par for the course here IMO, including ones that are implicitly or explicitly racist.

Then again, you getting your knickers in a twist over something fairly trivial and going all "Berkut Indignation Level: Throbbing Purple" is par for the course too, but personally I don't find it particularly interesting.

Lovely. Because of course it must be the case that I am over-reacting to a completely innocent comment, rather than that you are not capable of seeing actual racism right in front of you. That could not be the case, so it must be Berkut being an asshole.

You go straight to the ad hom, that is rather beneath you. Or it should be.

garbon is not Ed, or Seedy, or any of the other LOLZOR trolls, and neither are you. And neither am I. Giving him a pass on racist comments because calling him on it makes you uncomfortable makes you a bigger problem then any of the trolls.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on August 30, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Nothing as overt as that, that I can recall.

0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on August 30, 2017, 06:39:28 PM

How long have we known him for?

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on August 30, 2017, 06:40:23 PM

Long enough to be willing to give him a pass on a comment made possibly off the cuff.

But he decided to bring it up again.

I don't think it is that interesting in and of itself, and would be happy to let it go. It certainly informed my views of him and his attitudes towards race, but in a relatively minor way.

What was more interesting is that in the context of a discussion *about race* his comment was taken as a matter of course by those arguing one side of the argument, and accepted without comment. "Sure, arguing anything other than the most SJW viewpoint must be an indication of racial bias!"

Indeed, they went to bat for him vigorously - Jake is accusing me of being some kind of enraged crazy person rather than simply accept that he said something untoward. This is interesting and indicative of the way some on the left has taken to attacking anyone that does not perfectly align with their strict views on perfect "tolerance". It is what sees the SPLC accuse those who call for moderation in Islam "anti-Muslim extremists". It's what has speakers at Universities being actually attacked by mobs rather than be allowed to speak if their views are not sufficiently ideologically pure.

It's crazy. Intolerance in the service of faux tolerance. What a world.

0 rows returned

Razgovory

Garbon rotates his ethnicity weekly.  He's white this week.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

lolz, garbon made Berkut think about racism and little else, and in every part of his life, just now in this thread.   

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on August 30, 2017, 06:54:08 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 30, 2017, 06:40:23 PM

Long enough to be willing to give him a pass on a comment made possibly off the cuff.

But he decided to bring it up again.

I don't think it is that interesting in and of itself, and would be happy to let it go. It certainly informed my views of him and his attitudes towards race, but in a relatively minor way.

What was more interesting is that in the context of a discussion *about race* his comment was taken as a matter of course by those arguing one side of the argument, and accepted without comment. "Sure, arguing anything other than the most SJW viewpoint must be an indication of racial bias!"

Indeed, they went to bat for him vigorously - Jake is accusing me of being some kind of enraged crazy person rather than simply accept that he said something untoward. This is interesting and indicative of the way some on the left has taken to attacking anyone that does not perfectly align with their strict views on perfect "tolerance". It is what sees the SPLC accuse those who call for moderation in Islam "anti-Muslim extremists". It's what has speakers at Universities being actually attacked by mobs rather than be allowed to speak if their views are not sufficiently ideologically pure.

It's crazy. Intolerance in the service of faux tolerance. What a world.
The leftist intolerance on social justice matters irritates me deeply.  What you say has a lot of merit in general. 

That said, in this particular case, I think you're way over-reacting to that one post, and the reason that others didn't comment on it was because they didn't over-react to it.  It was just a bitchy post, the likes of which we've seen 47,000 times before.