Trump threatens to retaliate against Alaska's economy for Murkowski’s No Vote

Started by jimmy olsen, July 27, 2017, 05:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Fuck that megathread. It's killing the forum. We could have had dozens of threads on the different Trump scandal by now.

https://www.adn.com/politics/2017/07/26/trump-administration-signals-that-murkowskis-health-care-vote-could-have-energy-repercussions-for-alaska/
QuoteTrump administration signals that Murkowski's health care vote could have energy repercussions for Alaska

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump isn't going to just let Sen. Lisa Murkowski's no vote on Tuesday's health care motion go.

Early Wednesday, Trump took to Twitter to express displeasure with Murkowski's vote. By that afternoon, each of Alaska's two Republican senators had received a phone call from Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke letting them know the vote had put Alaska's future with the administration in jeopardy.

The response follows Trump's no-holds-barred style of governing, even when it comes to his own party. It is his first strike of retaliation against Murkowski, however, despite her tendency to stray from the party line and the president's priorities.

Alaska Sen. Dan Sullivan said the call from Zinke heralded a "troubling message."

"I'm not going to go into the details, but I fear that the strong economic growth, pro-energy, pro-mining, pro-jobs and personnel from Alaska who are part of those policies are going to stop," Sullivan said.

"I tried to push back on behalf of all Alaskans. ... We're facing some difficult times and there's a lot of enthusiasm for the policies that Secretary Zinke and the president have been talking about with regard to our economy. But the message was pretty clear," Sullivan said. The Interior secretary also contacted Murkowski, he said.

Murkowski was not available for comment. Spokespeople from the White House and the Interior Department did not respond to inquiries.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

I can understand blackmailing and threatening a foreign country.  Doing this to your own country?  Just how low can that man sink? 

The Larch

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 27, 2017, 05:10:30 AMWe could have had dozens of threads on the different Trump scandal by now.

That's exactly the point of a megathread, so that we don't get swamped by zillions of new threads for each stupid thing Trump does.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Larch on July 27, 2017, 05:15:58 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 27, 2017, 05:10:30 AMWe could have had dozens of threads on the different Trump scandal by now.

That's exactly the point of a megathread, so that we don't get swamped by zillions of new threads for each stupid thing Trump does.

If there were zillions of new threads, people would post more.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Trump was just a host, he's not a network executive. Alaska's reality tv based economy should survive.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 27, 2017, 06:20:00 AM

If there were zillions of new threads, people would post more.

Most of that would be CdM abusing you for creating so many new threads.

Eddie Teach

Watching CDM abuse (other) people is one of the site's main attractions.

Grey Fox

It's a cycle. We're in the part of the cycle where we need more threads.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

Turns out Murkowski is chairman of the committee that overseas the department of the interior and she has now delayed all of the hearings for the administration appointments. Who could have predicted it!  :lmfao:

1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 27, 2017, 09:02:35 PM
Turns out Murkowski is chairman of the committee that overseas the department of the interior and she has now delayed all of the hearings for the administration appointments. Who could have predicted it!  :lmfao:
Now that's ironic.  You'd think the department of the interior would be the one department to stay inside the US borders.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 27, 2017, 07:30:19 AM

Based on what evidence?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on July 28, 2017, 01:57:56 AM

Based on what evidence?

The number of posts per month.

1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 28, 2017, 04:14:29 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 28, 2017, 01:57:56 AM

Based on what evidence?

The number of posts per month.

Which can be attributable to one of any many factors. Where's the evidence that the Trump megathread is the cause?

Eddie Teach

It stands to reason, if the same article gets posted in 3 different threads there will be more posts about it.