50 years ago, DeGaulle gave his greatest speech ever

Started by viper37, July 21, 2017, 07:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on July 29, 2017, 09:27:00 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 28, 2017, 10:31:02 PM
Quote from: viper37 on July 28, 2017, 09:57:11 PM
where did I talk of witches, specifically, or any kind of witch cult?

I didn't say you talked about witches.  I said you argued a point based on Witch-Cults of Western Europe.
:huh:

Witch-Cults of Western Europe is a book.  It inspired Wicca.  The central thesis is that there that there was a wide-spread religion centered around a "Horned God", and the Catholic Church turned this deity in to the devil.  It's a crack-pot theory that was popular with the public but dismissed in academia.  While I doubt you read the book, your argument about Cernunnos stems from this theory.  Loonie-Tunes anthropology is popular among militant atheists.  It's hard not to skip over the writings of such people.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017