News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New Math? Fuzzy Math? Fluffy Math!

Started by CountDeMoney, July 11, 2009, 10:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on July 18, 2009, 07:46:23 PMYou're just too much of a faggot to employ the time-honoured educational tools of our forebearers:  Beatings.  Is it any wonder that society has collapsed, given that we refuse to beat our children when they fail?

As grumbler teaches at an all-girl private school, if he adopted beatings it would introduce an entirely new dynamic to the education system.  A sublimely erotic dynamic with  oh so naughty, naughty girls.

Jaron

Quote from: Neil on July 18, 2009, 08:23:22 PM
Quote from: Jaron on July 18, 2009, 08:22:12 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 18, 2009, 05:13:03 PM
Quote from: Tyr on July 12, 2009, 11:19:29 AM
I'd disagree with your 99% vs 1% there too (I know you didn't mean it literally but meh). People who actually fail exams despite being very bright are indeed very rare but people who can only manage relatively low passing grades despite being more capable than those with higher grades are quite a bit more common.
People who fail exams are by definition not bright.  They are stupid.

So you must think I am stupid then.

I would imagine so.

Fool!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Norgy

Maths are down to numbers. There is no Whitey or Black maths.

Maths are the one remaining thing that keeps Africa down. They can still calculate a trade deficit.

I used to hate maths. Nowadays, doing statistics kind of turns me on. :D

Neil

Quote from: Jaron on July 18, 2009, 10:57:44 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 18, 2009, 08:23:22 PM
Quote from: Jaron on July 18, 2009, 08:22:12 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 18, 2009, 05:13:03 PM
Quote from: Tyr on July 12, 2009, 11:19:29 AM
I'd disagree with your 99% vs 1% there too (I know you didn't mean it literally but meh). People who actually fail exams despite being very bright are indeed very rare but people who can only manage relatively low passing grades despite being more capable than those with higher grades are quite a bit more common.
People who fail exams are by definition not bright.  They are stupid.

So you must think I am stupid then.

I would imagine so.
Fool!
Next time, try harder, and maybe you will be more successful.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.