Rarely
9 (31%)
Never
5 (17.2%)
I gain it
1 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on July 10, 2017, 01:12:38 PM
Do you give to charity?
rarely.

Which?
local stuff, mostly, sometimes

I used to be a Greenpeace supporter, but that was in my teens, pre-university time.

I sometimes give to local charity, or to Opération Enfant Soleil, or to Canadian Cancer Association, but I know it's a total waste of money.

Why?
I prefer sending money directly to an handicap dude I know so he can spend it on his care, or more likely, knowing him, on booze and girls.

But sometimes, I don't know.  I think even if only 10% of my funds truly help the cause,
it's still better than nothing.

But I still don't like it.  It's the govt job, and that's why I'm being taxed, so in
a way, I feel like I am helping the govt get away with his responsibility.

For how long?
since I was a teenager.

QuoteAlso taking recommendations on which I should chose. :p
the best managed ones.  the ones that don't have 30 people or so making wages in the millions of dollars.  avoid anti-poverty and pro-environment/animal groups, they are the worst.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Camerus

I donate to the Catholic Church.  :pope:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Camerus on July 10, 2017, 06:50:08 PM
I donate to the Catholic Church.  :pope:

I'm going to this week.  In Viper's name.

Ed Anger

I help at a church food bank. No, not the Catholics.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 10, 2017, 07:22:11 PM
Per-raise Jay-sus!

Amen! Here is a box of food with a side order of shame.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Monthly Family Partner with the Family Research Council.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on July 10, 2017, 08:33:45 PM
Monthly Family Partner with the Family Research Council.

Mobbed up, huh.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grinning_Colossus

12 bucks a month to the ACLU, if that counts. I also frequently give pocket change to beggars.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

sbr

I give $24 a month to Special Olympics of Oregon.  I also give bit more to other charities throughout the year to various organizations usually relating to Alzheimer's/cancer/local children's hospital/feeding the needy.  Maybe a total of $600 a year.  Feel like I should do more, maybe next year.

sbr

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on July 10, 2017, 08:38:17 PM
12 bucks a month to the ACLU, if that counts.

That's one that I need to get into my rotation.  I may look into a monthly donation.

jimmy olsen

I've given money to Doctors Without Borders a couple of times.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 10, 2017, 02:09:36 PM
I would donate a couple hundred dollars combined to several NPOs and political action funds when I made the money to do so.  Now I don't.

Sort of the same;  I  used to be pretty generous with donations when I had a good paying job, but now I'm not as well off financially and can't do it.

Archy

Does giving your change once every two years during catholic mass, when they go around for the oblation :ph34r:

To be honest. I'm a social democrat and for me it's the govt's job to support the poor and needy with my tax money.