Saudi Arabia,UAE,Egypt,Bahrain break diplomatic ties with Qatar over 'terrorism'

Started by Syt, June 05, 2017, 02:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 06, 2017, 09:26:06 PM
So basically the Russians ran an operation seeking to knock out the us base in Qatar and trump completely fell to it

Hell he took credit for it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

So basically the Russians ran an operation seeking to knock out the us base in Qatar and trump completely fell to it

Only because he wants to strike a far better deal when he personally renegotiates a base deal with the Qataris; they'll probably have to end up paying for a wall surrounding southern Iran too.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Quote from: Valmy on June 06, 2017, 10:11:56 PM

You can't make this shit up. :lol:

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Amateur hour all around.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: The Larch on June 06, 2017, 04:21:55 PM
The EU should create the Order of the Golden Bauble, give him a big shiny medal and scepter, and see if that distracts him enough to get the US back to a reasonable position.

You are laughing but I seriously think something like that would work. Which is sad.

Tamas

I really don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Tamas

You remember how you read about bad emperors and kings messing up their empire for decades if not downright collapsing them? This is how the modern version of this looks like, folks.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on June 07, 2017, 04:26:40 AM
The EU should create the Order of the Golden Bauble, give him a big shiny medal and scepter, and see if that distracts him enough to get the US back to a reasonable position.

You are laughing but I seriously think something like that would work. Which is sad.

Sadly, I don't think we can beat the Saudis and Russians in the gaudyness department.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on June 07, 2017, 04:36:54 AM

Sadly, I don't think we can beat the Saudis and Russians in the gaudyness department.

I thought the Italians were still on our side?  :hmm:

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on June 07, 2017, 05:26:39 AM
Quote from: The Larch on June 07, 2017, 04:36:54 AM

I thought the Italians were still on our side?  :hmm:

If it's done through official channels they would still do something tasteful. Unless you get Berlusconi's people on it.

Zanza

Qataris may no longer use the airports in Dubai and Abu Dhabi at all, which means they have now more limitations than even Israelis which can stay in the airport for transfers.

The Larch

Turkey just announced that they're fast-tracking a bill to deploy troops in a base they have in Qatar.

UAE threatens potential sympathizers with Qatar with up to 15 years in jail if they express such sympathy in any way, including social media.

Valmy

Wait so Turkey is protecting Qatar?

I guess right now I just need to wait to hear what the US military is going to do since our clown President will just tweet whatever he thinks makes him look good.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."