Terror attack in London, pedestrians hit on London bridge

Started by viper37, June 03, 2017, 05:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I'm confused as to why it keeps being called 'a potential terrorist attack' by the Conservatives.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Apparently the guy was smiling and waving as he was taken away.
Quote from: garbon on June 19, 2017, 03:37:29 AM
I'm confused as to why it keeps being called 'a potential terrorist attack' by the Conservatives.

I'm not confused at all. It's obviously a case of white guy = lone crazy. Brown guy = evil terrorist plotting the downfall of civilization
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Things must be rather tense in Britain these days.  Election, Brexit terrorist, terrorist attacks, that big fire...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on June 19, 2017, 06:48:49 AM
Things must be rather tense in Britain these days.  Election, Brexit terrorist, terrorist attacks, that big fire...

Nothing seems particularly tense in London. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

well, there used to be a radical mosque right there.  It apparently has changed management since, and it's likely the driver didn't even care what type of mosque he was attacking.

But still, I can't help but think of karma.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on June 19, 2017, 09:30:10 AM

Ah, yes, lovely girl. Well, except for the tats.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

well, there used to be a radical mosque right there.  It apparently has changed management since, and it's likely the driver didn't even care what type of mosque he was attacking.

I don't know what was the point of this post. Maybe to make yourself seem reprehensible?

Josquius

I'm seeing a lot of gloating an eye for eye stuff from the right wingers on comments about this.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: garbon on June 19, 2017, 10:01:28 AM

I don't know what was the point of this post. Maybe to make yourself seem reprehensible?
So, what you're telling me is, if there was an attack on KKK members preaching racial hatred by radical elements of the American left, you would wheep for them?  Offer thoughts and prayers?

Yeah right.

This particular mosque was a center point of islamic radicalism in the UK.  For years, they invited radical imams preaching their hatred of occidental society and calling for attacks against the occident.  Now, a product of another form of hatred attacks them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finsbury_Park_Mosque
According to classified American documents released by Wikileaks, Finsbury Park mosque previously served "as a haven" for Islamic extremists who subsequently fought against allied forces in Afghanistan.[11]

As I said, for years, they preached hatred against everyone else.  Now, they are victims of hatred.  Boomerang effect.

Yes, it's under new management, and it's been turned around, apparently, and it is sad that civilians died.

But for years, they supported terrorism.  This particular mosque.

I don't think it was a coincidence this particular mosque was chosen as a target.  It's not like it's the only one in London, I'm guessing?

Although I'm sure the perperator of the terrorism was happy to simply kill muslims, any muslim, I really, really, doubt the choice of the target was pure coincidence.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Darling, I'd already sussed you out. I didn't need you to expound on it. :mellow:

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on June 19, 2017, 10:48:16 AM
I'm seeing a lot of gloating an eye for eye stuff from the right wingers on comments about this.

They always gotta find the anti-Muslim angle.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: viper37 on June 19, 2017, 10:55:30 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 19, 2017, 10:01:28 AM

So, what you're telling me is, if there was an attack on KKK members preaching racial hatred by radical elements of the American left, you would wheep for them?  Offer thoughts and prayers?

Yeah right.

This particular mosque was a center point of islamic radicalism in the UK.  For years, they invited radical imams preaching their hatred of occidental society and calling for attacks against the occident.  Now, a product of another form of hatred attacks them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finsbury_Park_Mosque
According to classified American documents released by Wikileaks, Finsbury Park mosque previously served "as a haven" for Islamic extremists who subsequently fought against allied forces in Afghanistan.[11]

As I said, for years, they preached hatred against everyone else.  Now, they are victims of hatred.  Boomerang effect.

Yes, it's under new management, and it's been turned around, apparently, and it is sad that civilians died.

But for years, they supported terrorism.  This particular mosque.

I don't think it was a coincidence this particular mosque was chosen as a target.  It's not like it's the only one in London, I'm guessing?

Although I'm sure the perperator of the terrorism was happy to simply kill muslims, any muslim, I really, really, doubt the choice of the target was pure coincidence.

it's garbon, don't bother.

at least they got him. Unlike the one that blew up a car on the champs elysees.

in time there'll be more though.

garbon

Jacob

Speaking of "we have no evidence it's linked to terrorism" - guy(s) beat a 17-year old Muslim girl to death with baseball bats: http://jezebel.com/seventeen-year-old-muslim-girl-captured-and-beaten-to-d-1796213476

QuoteNabra and her peers were observing the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, and their religious affiliation was evident. Yet detectives state that they have "not gotten any indication that this was motivated by hate or bias."

Eddie Teach

They may have just been after a bit of the old ultraviolence.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?