News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Separatism and you

Started by Maladict, June 10, 2017, 04:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these separatist movements do you sympathize with?

Quebec
8 (22.2%)
Catalunya
9 (25%)
Basque country
9 (25%)
Corsica
4 (11.1%)
Kurdistan (Turkey and Iraq)
33 (91.7%)
Republika Srpska
5 (13.9%)
Scotland
12 (33.3%)
Ireland (unification)
13 (36.1%)
CSA II
2 (5.6%)
None, separatism is treason
2 (5.6%)
None, I don't like change (mono)
0 (0%)
Other:
3 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 36

garbon

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on June 10, 2017, 07:48:32 PM
It sounds like it's time for Grallon to assimilate into the dominant Canadian culture.

Only if there are cherubim.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on June 10, 2017, 03:05:39 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 10, 2017, 09:30:25 AM
No option for Western Canadian Independence?!? :ultra:

Not sure Cascadia would take Alberta anyhow.

Not that either is particularly likely, but Western Canadian separatism (as opposed to Cascadia, the BC/Washington State invention) has had a little more success.  The Western Canada Concept long ago had an elected MLA and won just over 10% of the vote in the Alberta 1982 provincial election (on a platform of explicit western independence).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

AnchorClanker

CSA II  :shifty:

So tempting... the longer I am alive, and the more years I rack up down here, I am increasingly coming to the conclusion that fighting a war to retain the South in the Union was a bad idea... it's not like Reconstruction worked in the slightest... and what little was accomplished was dismantled in a very short time after the Federal troops left.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Grallon on June 10, 2017, 05:06:04 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 10, 2017, 06:49:43 AM
Québec because multiculturalism ;)

I hope you're joking!  Multikulti is a fucking cancer - anywhere it spreads!

G.

I am serious. Multiculturalism is a good reason for Québec to secede. It's not like Québec needed one more anyways.