Main Menu

Battlestar Galactica

Started by Grallon, March 10, 2009, 07:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I Killed Kenny

Quote from: Berkut on March 11, 2009, 09:26:45 AM
Space battles?

What a neanderthal.

Battle Star Galactica is not about space battles - it is about profound and insightful views into the human condition and the careful and considered character development of complex personalities.

Has anyone else been incredibly dissapointed with the job they did with Lee Adama? What a fucking tool he is. He is the Wesley Crusher of BSG.

QFT

Stonewall

Quote from: Grallon on March 11, 2009, 11:16:03 AM
Bahh leave the thread to the faithful if you're here only to bitch and moan !

And yes Korea, Appollo is very tasty looking.  So's Helo *mmm*

G.

The faithfull?  Hah!  The true believers consist of those who still think Starbuck and Boomer are a womanizer and a black dude, respectively.  The entire tradition and essence of the show along with its humor were destroyed with the current incarnation. 

That said, I have enjoyed the new series.  Especially since I got past the complete change in character roles, that Apollo is no longer a fighter pilot, that Starbuck is an emo chick and that I want to put my peepee in Boomer's boom boom.  I accepted it and have enjoyed the show.  But at its core, the show is about fricking SPACE BATTLES!!!!  Bring me back my space battles!!!!
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

BuddhaRhubarb

Has anyone else been incredibly dissapointed with the job they did with Lee Adama? What a fucking tool he is. He is the Wesley Crusher of BSG.

true dat. Before The Pegasus aftermath, Apollo was well, Apollo. Now he's Wes-Lee :-[
:p

Syt

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 13, 2009, 01:59:58 AMThe Pegasus

No way that could have been as cool as Lloyd Bridges as Cmd. Caine.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Syt on March 13, 2009, 02:12:25 AM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 13, 2009, 01:59:58 AMThe Pegasus

No way that could have been as cool as Lloyd Bridges as Cmd. Caine.

HOTT Lesbian Commander Caine wins that. Lloyd may have been a Lesbian, but not a Hott one.

BuddhaRhubarb

Tonight's epi will I think anger much blood. (where is CC?)  I loved it and it has reaffirmed how much I dig this show.

btw next week on Space they are playing all the previous 4.5 episodes over the day until the 2 hour finale so you can watch it all in one day. I may due that as a little party for myself. Tho I would just play my DL'd copies. no ads til finale.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Neil

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 13, 2009, 10:11:52 PM
HOTT Lesbian Commander Caine wins that. Lloyd may have been a Lesbian, but not a Hott one.
Fuck no.  Finding virtue in lesbianism and T&A over pure coolness and badassery in order to titillate people is what has made this new series into an abomination.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Neil on March 13, 2009, 10:20:08 PM
Fuck no.  Finding virtue in lesbianism and T&A over pure coolness and badassery in order to titillate people is what has made this new series into an abomination.

whatever Grandpa. *steps off lawn*

Neil

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 13, 2009, 10:21:42 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 13, 2009, 10:20:08 PM

whatever Grandpa. *steps off lawn*
Aren't you older than me?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grallon

Episode 21 - Daybreak Part 1 - aired march 13th 2009

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 13, 2009, 10:14:20 PM
Tonight's epi will I think anger much blood. (where is CC?)  I loved it and it has reaffirmed how much I dig this show.

Indeed.  The forum over at SCIFI is turning into a trenchwar :D   And no doubt the usual suspects will come waltzing in here, spitting and screeching.  Ah !  They remind me of angry children who didn't get their promised sweets.

I liked it a lot.  More than I thought when I realised this would be yet another 'filler' - as in flesh around the bones.  It ties in the show's mantra ' all this happened before...' by showing some of the choices made by the main characters before the war - and the repercussions they're still experiencing now we're at the end.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

Oh and I *loved* the wink at Baltar - his name is Gaius and his father's name is Julius  8)

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Cerr

Looking forward to seeing the latest episode.

The season 2 episode Black Market is on TV at the moment. It's terrible. It must be one of the worst episodes.
Can anyone think any worse ones?

Berkut

YOu know, I've been wondering how they were going to manage to wrap up this story arc in a just a few more shows. Seems like there was still so much that needed to be told.

Now, I realize, there isn't much left to be told. In fact, there is apparently so little left to be told, we can waste almost an entire episode - the second to last episode EVER telling pretty much nothing at all.

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grallon

Quote from: Berkut on March 14, 2009, 10:04:19 AM

Now, I realize, there isn't much left to be told. In fact, there is apparently so little left to be told, we can waste almost an entire episode - the second to last episode EVER telling pretty much nothing at all.

And there we go  ;)

Here's an exerpt of an interview conducted by Mo Ryan (Chicago Tribune) with Ron Moore before the start of this season.

QuoteMR: And speaking of the series finale, you're happy with how that came out?

RDM: Very pleased with it. It came together all at once and it was a strange experience. In the writers' room, we spent the first day [of breaking that episode] in a lot of difficulty, a lot of frustration. We sort of knew what the plot was, we knew the action story, we knew the plot of the finale. We spent that whole first day just struggling with the mechanics of the plot, how you got from A to B. We were spinning our wheels. I went home and I was in the shower and I had this "Duh" moment – the show was never about that. That's not why I love the show. It's not about the plot.

I went into the writers' room the next day and wrote on the big dry-erase board, "It's the characters, stupid," and the writers laughed and we all sat back and said, "Who gives a [expletive] about the plot? Let's just talk about these characters."

G.

~Jean-François Revel