The average millennial makes less than the average baby boomer did in 1975

Started by jimmy olsen, May 14, 2017, 10:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2017, 02:34:31 PM
Go search for the 60 Minutes piece on how the latest jock parent craze has been holding their kids back from entering Kindergarten or 1st grade in order to give them an athletic advantage over classmates once they hit puberty a year earlier. 

I know a few parents that have done it.  In most cases, their kid was short for his age group and they hoped he'd be closer to the average or median height if they held him back a year.  Nope, still short.

QuoteParents have been out of the "participation trophy" bit for a while.

I wish my kid's basketball league had gotten that memo.

QuoteBut Dumbfuckistanis like to perpetuate it, all part of the "Welfare Queen" theme.

No idea how you're making that connection.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on May 17, 2017, 10:51:46 PM

Because everything you believe, say or do springs from your great hatred of black people, according to SeedyVision.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 18, 2017, 01:02:58 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 17, 2017, 10:51:46 PM

Because everything you believe, say or do springs from your great hatred of black people, according to SeedyVision.

That's really unfair.  There are plenty of things that derspeiss says, believes and does that have nothing to do with his hatred for black people. 
They have to do with his misogyny.  :contract:
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

:lol:

I know your heart is in the right place Spicey, as evidenced by being a fan of another Big 12 school.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 17, 2017, 08:17:40 PM
Girls soccer games are blood sports. Not a joke. The blood starts in the stands.

The blood is coming out of their wherevers.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

grumbler

Quote from: alfred russel on May 18, 2017, 04:55:49 PM
Girls soccer games are blood sports. Not a joke. The blood starts in the stands.

What the fuck?  I've run across misogyny before, but seldom such blatant misogyny. Take a timeout.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

Quote from: grumbler on May 18, 2017, 07:39:25 PM

What the fuck?  I've run across misogyny before, but seldom such blatant misogyny. Take a timeout.

Don't be so harsh, one day he could become president.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

derspiess

Even in your years in the Navy? :huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Why, talk like that gets you elected Pussygrabber-In-Chief.