And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones 2

Started by Josquius, June 28, 2016, 04:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on June 29, 2016, 01:51:46 PM
Game of Thrones meets Downton Abby.

I'd watch it.  A drama about smallfolk in the Riverlands could go well, too, at least until about the fourth episode where everyone is murdered.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josephus

Can't believe I found this out from a source other than Languish. (unless I missed it)

http://globalnews.ca/news/3429762/game-of-thrones-spinoffs/
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

didn't we talk about it in the main GoT thread?
It's not really news in itself, they've been talking about a prequel/spin-off for some time. I'm guessing the spin-off will launch before GRR next book :P

What is news is that they hired writers for 4 script on 4 different shows to evaluate their options.  It is very doubtfull they would launch more than on GoT at any given time.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Agelastus on June 28, 2016, 05:29:40 PM
Kearney's "The Monarchies of God" -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarchies_of_God.

Love and Hate, Exploration and Religion, Deaths and Battles galore, magic and walls - and a major smoking gun regarding the central conflict.

Plus the money for the show might get Kearney to revise that last volume which stands out like a sore thumb in the sequence.

Background looks interesting, but I don't want to spoil myself by reading that synopsis. Without spoiling it what's the story about in general terms?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grallon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 10, 2017, 10:54:01 PM

Background looks interesting, but I don't want to spoil myself by reading that synopsis. Without spoiling it what's the story about in general terms?

Alternate XV-XVIth century Europe with something like an Inquisition, a dash of magic, werewolves, faux Turkish invasion, the fall of a Constantinople wannabe and a Napoleon/Friedrich the Great figure.

Will that do?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

jimmy olsen

That doesn't really tell me anything about the characters or even the plot.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 12, 2017, 08:50:45 AM

Snape kills Dumbledore.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 12, 2017, 08:58:29 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 12, 2017, 08:50:45 AM

Snape kills Dumbledore.

That's obviously a spoiler.

If I wanted someone to read Harry Potter I wouldn't lay out the backstory and History of wizarding Britain, I'd tell them it's the story of an orphaned boy, who grow up in an abusive family, going away to a magical boarding school to learn to be a wizard. They're he'll come of age, make friends and pursue the dark forces that orphaned him and threaten his new world.

1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.