News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Élection présidentielle française

Started by Zanza, April 23, 2017, 04:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on April 24, 2017, 05:05:23 AM
The Bourbon fella's father married into the Franco family, too. That helps a lot.

Franco is his great-grandfather, right?  :ph34r:

I had to look this up because I came up to this guy through random wiki surfing after listening to Mike Duncan's latest Revolutions podcast on the 1830 French Revolution. did you listen to it?

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on April 25, 2017, 07:12:39 AM
The Bourbon fella's father married into the Franco family, too. That helps a lot.

I had to look this up because I came up to this guy through random wiki surfing after listening to Mike Duncan's latest Revolutions podcast on the 1830 French Revolution. did you listen to it?

I haven't, I tend to wait until he finishes a Revolution and then binge it at the gym.

Monoriu

It warms my heart that there is still a small but active royalist movement in France. 

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on April 25, 2017, 08:31:13 AM

I haven't, I tend to wait until he finishes a Revolution and then binge it at the gym.

He just finished 1830 on Sunday so binge away.

Louis XX is not descended from any of the recent kings though, he goes through the Spanish Kings and his most recent French King ancestor is Louis XIV. I am happy to report that the descendants of Louis XV have all been extinguished in the male line.

He does have a fine looking head though, it would be lovely in a basket.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

If only Henry had kids none of this mess would be happening.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 25, 2017, 09:50:09 AM
If only Henry had kids none of this mess would be happening.

The mess happened when Philip The Fair's grandsons failed to have sons. This is just something to laugh at.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Jacob on April 24, 2017, 04:56:50 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 24, 2017, 02:25:59 PM
Information on France c. 2050? I don't believe I'm claiming to have facts about that. Are you familiar with the nature of time?

Whatever information that leads you to think that "a European Caliphate" like the one you describe is even remotely likely.

Look at all the votes the caliphal candidate got. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Hey! The practicing Catholics in France went for Fillon. They clearly believe in forgiveness :P

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on April 25, 2017, 09:32:45 AM
Quote from: celedhring on April 25, 2017, 08:31:13 AM

He just finished 1830 on Sunday so binge away.

I believe he said that he's still going to do a couple of suplementals, but of course those are optative. I must say I rather liked this one, being so short and to the point. And I was also not very aware of its details, so it's always nice to learn new events.

The Larch

Quote from: Monoriu on April 25, 2017, 08:41:46 AM
It warms my heart that there is still a small but active royalist movement in France.

But, of course, it's splintered. There are Legitimists, Orleanists aand Bonapartists.  :P

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on April 25, 2017, 10:51:16 AM

But, of course, it's splintered. There are Legitimists, Orleanists aand Bonapartists.  :P

Which is what saved France in 1871. Well that and Henri's idiocy, which is always a safe bet when you are dealing with the Bourbons. No offense Spain :P

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on April 25, 2017, 10:56:56 AM

Which is what saved France in 1871. Well that and Henri's idiocy, which is always a safe bet when you are dealing with the Bourbons. No offense Spain :P

Offend away, it's not as if we treat our Bourbons with much respect anyway. :P

dps

Admiral Darlan would surely disagree.

Razgovory

Quote from: The Larch on April 25, 2017, 11:10:47 AM

Offend away, it's not as if we treat our Bourbons with much respect anyway. :P

They treat it alright in Kentucky.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

I met a Bonapartist over there a few years back. Nuttier than squirrel shit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive