News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Élection présidentielle française

Started by Zanza, April 23, 2017, 04:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Yeah I am not anointing Macron until the votes are counted.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 24, 2017, 09:03:32 AM
I feel for you because I know you mean well but you just don't see it. I hope you don't have kids because they'll be the ones forced to wear burkas and/or getting their heads chopped off for religious crimes.

Where are you getting your information on the state of France from?

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on April 24, 2017, 09:12:41 AM
I feel for you because I know you mean well but you just don't see it. I hope you don't have kids because they'll be the ones forced to wear burkas and/or getting their heads chopped off for religious crimes.

You're saying that a religious minority will take over the country against the will of the majority?

it has happened before.

----

that said: Macron will likely end up being more of the same due to the places where his support has to come from. The economic reform France desperately needs is not going to happen (easily): the unions will make sure of that.
So after 5 years of likely more of the same the second round will probably going between a Melenchon-type and a Le Pen-type: both extreme left but the first with more migrants and the second with less. But both with the likely collapse of France's finances.

Admiral Yi

Big jump in euro denominated ETFs today.  :)

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Jacob on April 24, 2017, 12:26:15 PM

Where are you getting your information on the state of France from?

Information on France c. 2050? I don't believe I'm claiming to have facts about that. Are you familiar with the nature of time?

Zoupa

Got any real arguments or is this just your usual euro-poster trolling shtick?

CountDeMoney

Otto, despite his mellowing out since 2008, baked way too long under the "Moose Lambs Are Everywhere" fever.   Still sees moose lambs on monkey bars in his sleep.

Maximus

His fear is understandable though. Just look at this country. Once it was the home of the brave and now it's the home of people like Otto.

Zanza

Quote from: alfred russel on April 24, 2017, 11:57:45 AM
I doubt it. This Le Pen isn't the same as the old Le Pen, and will still get crushed. If the far right needs 50% of votes plus one, they won't win elections in western european democracies anytime soon.
The NSDAP only won 33%...

alfred russel

Quote from: Zanza on April 24, 2017, 04:19:10 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 24, 2017, 11:57:45 AM
I doubt it. This Le Pen isn't the same as the old Le Pen, and will still get crushed. If the far right needs 50% of votes plus one, they won't win elections in western european democracies anytime soon.
The NSDAP only won 33%...

Yeah--I clearly put in the 50% threshold. I mean, I could see a far right party getting 33% or better, which could be massively problematic in most European countries. But a French presidential election? It isn't going to happen.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Jacob

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 24, 2017, 02:25:59 PM
Information on France c. 2050? I don't believe I'm claiming to have facts about that. Are you familiar with the nature of time?

Whatever information that leads you to think that "a European Caliphate" like the one you describe is even remotely likely.

dps

Quote from: Jacob on April 24, 2017, 04:56:50 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 24, 2017, 02:25:59 PM

Whatever information that leads you to think that "a European Caliphate" like the one you describe is even remotely likely.

Yeah, IMO it's more likely that by 2050, the Euros will be trying to implement a "Final Solution" to the Muslim problem.

Oexmelin

Quote from: dps on April 24, 2017, 05:17:35 PM
Yeah, IMO it's more likely that by 2050, the Euros will be trying to implement a "Final Solution" to the Muslim problem.

Is that more likely, or less likely, than another American Civil War?
Que le grand cric me croque !

Valmy

Quote from: Oexmelin on April 24, 2017, 05:23:38 PM

By 2050 we will probably be on our third one. :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Oexmelin on April 24, 2017, 05:23:38 PM

Less.