UK Parliamentary General Election 8th June 2017

Started by mongers, April 19, 2017, 08:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tamas on April 23, 2017, 05:41:33 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 23, 2017, 04:42:08 AM
UKIP confirm that they are an unacceptable party to vote for :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39682939

It would be interesting from a statistical point of view, if they switched to a loud anti-Muslim agenda, see how many people actually ends up voting for them.

better call it anti-islam. muslims are, after all, the first victims of that "religion".

Josquius

Turned on the TV news and saw a TV poll. Labour on 30% and Conservatives on 40%. "Oh thats not so bad" I thought.
Then I noticed this was Wales.

The country is doomed.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Is it a bad thing that UKIP voters seem to be going over to the Tories?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2017, 01:37:05 PM

Well the Tories were always somewhat agnostic about the EU, which is what gave UKIP it's raison d'etre.

Now that May has embraced Brexit, I can't think of many reasons why someone who had previously voted UKIP wouldn't vote for the Tories.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on April 24, 2017, 01:58:22 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2017, 01:37:05 PM

Well the Tories were always somewhat agnostic about the EU, which is what gave UKIP it's raison d'etre.

Now that May has embraced Brexit, I can't think of many reasons why someone who had previously voted UKIP wouldn't vote for the Tories.

If UKIP voters go over to Conservatives its a great thing - it means embracing one far-right self destructive idiocy was enough shepherd the radicals back into the fold of the Nasty Party, and they will not be required to put open xenophobia on their flag to achieve this.

garbon

Btw, is Blair aiming to make sure that no one likes him?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on April 24, 2017, 02:41:55 PM

My impression of U.K. Politics is that he's already achieved that.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2017, 09:55:02 PM
I hope Sheilbh is not taking that too hard :(

He'll live;  Mike Huckabee's still Tweeting.

Josquius

Quote from: Jacob on April 24, 2017, 09:13:22 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 24, 2017, 02:41:55 PM

My impression of U.K. Politics is that he's already achieved that.
Not in the north.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Zanza

Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2017, 09:55:02 PM
I hope Sheilbh is not taking that too hard :(
He can console himself with the resurgence of the positive English nationalism.  :bowler:

Gups

Quote from: celedhring on April 25, 2017, 02:57:28 AM
What has Blair done/said?

It's weird. He was still pretty popular when he resigned in 2007 but he seems to be widely hated and disliked now. He took a big hit on the left because of Iraq and I suppose that the recession had an effect as well even though he got out before it started. He's amassed a lot of money since leaving which pisses off many. Still, it's hard to pinpoint any particular single thing which would logically explain his unpopularity

mongers

Hmm, I think I've worked out what I should do to be part of this democratic process.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on April 30, 2017, 11:34:32 AM
Hmm, I think I've worked out what I should do to be part of this democratic process.  :hmm:

Move to Scotland?  :P