News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Republican Fun - "You don't pay me!"

Started by garbon, April 13, 2017, 08:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/328615-gop-rep-bullcrap-to-say-taxpayers-pay-my-salary-i-pay-for

QuoteGOP rep: 'Bullcrap' to say taxpayers pay my salary

Rep. Markwayne Mullin (R-Okla.) faced off with constituents at a town hall this week, telling the audience that they don't pay his salary.

"You say you pay for me to do this? That's bullcrap," Mullin said at the town hall in Jay, Okla., according to a video of the incident.

"I pay for myself. I paid enough taxes before I got here and continue to through my company to pay my own salary. This is a service. No one here pays me to go," he added.
After constituents pushed back, Mullin reiterated that being a lawmaker is not "how I make my living."

"I'm just saying ... this is a service for me, not a career, and I thank God this is not how I make my living," he said.

Mullin's spokeswoman Amy Lawrence told the Tulsa World that the lawmaker does not want to become a career politician.

"The congressman reiterates in the video that his work as the representative of the Second District of Oklahoma is a service," Lawrence said.

"His aspiration is to be a career legislator and not a career politician. He is not, nor does he ever aspire to be, a career politician. His priority will always be to serve his constituents to the best of his ability."

Mullin is the owner of multiple companies under the umbrella of Mullin Plumbing.

:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

QuoteHis priority will always be to serve his constituents to the best of his ability

Which is exactly what people mean when they say they pay your salary jerkwad. You work for them. But no let's argue with them about semantics because that is how you serve your constituency.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

People do tend to make too much about politicians salaries
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on April 13, 2017, 08:58:35 AM
People do tend to make too much about politicians salaries

They weren't complaining about how much he makes. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

I like this one too. I'm conflicted as it is like she's had a good thought for once but she's also so dumb and you reap what you sow.

Also, good to know she's not a feminist. :bleeding:

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/328610-tomi-lahren-to-glenn-beck-i-wont-lay-down-and-play-dead

QuoteTomi Lahren to Glenn Beck: 'I won't lay down and play dead'

Conservative media personality Tomi Lahren said Wednesday that she's "deeply hurt" by Glenn Beck and The Blaze suspending her last month after she voiced her support for abortion rights, and she'd like to make a clean break.

"Let me go. Let me move on," Lahren told ABC's "Nightline." "I'm deeply hurt by what has happened, I'm disappointed in what has happened. But if this is the way that it is, let's just part ways, cleanly.

"I just want to work and have the freedom to put my voice out there and I want to interact with my fans and followers, that's all I want out of this."

Lahren has nearly 700,000 followers on Twitter.

Lahren had been criticized in conservative circles after a March appearance on ABC's "The View" for revealing that she supports abortion rights — and she wonders how other libertarians can oppose them.

"You know what? I'm for limited government, so stay out of my guns, and you can stay out of my body as well," Lahren said.

Lahren also shared Wednesday that she feels "lost" without her job as a Blaze commentator, which she did on the hour-long commentary program "Tomi."

"It's my job, this is my life," she said. "Without that, I feel lost. When your outlet is taken away from you, when your catharsis is stripped from you and you don't understand why and you're so disappointed and you're so blindsided by it — it hurts."

"I don't consider myself a feminist. But boy, I won't lay down and play dead, ever," Lahren concluded.

In a lawsuit filed last week, Lahren said she had been terminated.

But in a statement from The Blaze gave to "Nightline," the outlet states that despite the 24-year-old's program being pulled, she is still under contract and being paid.

"It is puzzling that an employee who remains under contract (and is still being paid) has sued us for being fired, especially when we continue to comply fully with the terms of our agreement with her," The Blaze said in a statement.

Neither Lahren nor Beck immediately responded to request for comment from The Hill.

The Brain

If he does collect his salary he is acting really weird, and if he doesn't then I don't care for that approach at all because I don't like the idea that floats around that only wealthy people should be in politics.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on April 13, 2017, 10:25:57 AM
It's a she :)

Brain was talking about that congressman guy, not Lahren.

And yeah, she is definitely a she.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Ah ok that was what Spicey was getting at.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Quote from: garbon on April 13, 2017, 08:19:07 AM

The whole "I pay your salary!" line is usually bullcrap anyway. 

For politicians, it is typically said to try and get them to do what YOU want...or what you perceive the majority of your fellow constituents want (whether that is true or not).

With cops, it is typically to get out of a ticket.  Or to have them stop beating you for no good reason. 

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 13, 2017, 04:54:04 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 13, 2017, 08:19:07 AM

The whole "I pay your salary!" line is usually bullcrap anyway. 

For politicians, it is typically said to try and get them to do what YOU want...or what you perceive the majority of your fellow constituents want (whether that is true or not).

With cops, it is typically to get out of a ticket.  Or to have them stop beating you for no good reason. 

:hmm:

By the by, yes it was said by people at his town hall claiming that he wasn't representing them in Washington. :o