News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

You don't steal candy in Canada

Started by HVC, April 12, 2017, 02:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Yeah, yay for misleading titles. Yes, it was some teens and yes they stole candy - but they had to break into a store inside a major amusement park to do it. Folks doing that are likely to attract some unfriendly police attention.  :lol:

They weren't going after some corner store candy shoplifters.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Canada seems like a very unsafe place.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on April 12, 2017, 02:29:24 PM

Too many unscrupulous accountants and lawyers.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maximus

So I was talking with an uber driver a while back and he was telling me about his trip to Canada, and one of the things that had stood out for him was the lack of police officers.

Now this is something I have observed as well, but I never made anything out of it because I tended to live in smaller towns in Canada and I figured that accounted for it. However I just did a quick search and wiki's numbers support that, putting the number of officers per capita in Canada at slightly more than half of that for the US.

Admiral Yi

Les flics always seem to be around in Montreal.  Don't really remember seeing a bunch in Toronto.

Zoupa

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 12, 2017, 05:19:06 PM
Les flics always seem to be around in Montreal.  Don't really remember seeing a bunch in Toronto.

You were mostly downtown though. Gotta keep an eye on the bros descending from Boston every goddamn weekend thinking it's ok to get loud, drunk and grab girls because "it's Montreal man! knowadImean?"

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on April 12, 2017, 05:01:36 PM

Have you ever been G?

Yup he has. He seemed to feel relatively safe in my company... or maybe that was just a front?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on April 12, 2017, 06:17:18 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 12, 2017, 05:01:36 PM

Have you ever been G?

Yup he has. He seemed to feel relatively safe in my company... or maybe that was just a front?

You were quite keen on that leather bar. :whistle:

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on April 12, 2017, 06:59:47 PM
You were quite keen on that leather bar. :whistle:

Just trying to show you a good time...

Monoriu

I am glad that, for once, they take theft seriously.