News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Foootball 2017

Started by grumbler, April 01, 2017, 07:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Didn't really know about Wyoming football until Tiller.  He elevated that program.

PDH

The Wyoming Cowboys have clawed their way back over .500 with a win over Texas State.  Texas State, not to be confused with one of the real Texas schools, is mostly made up of 12 year olds and Special Olympics types - at least given the final score of Wyoming 45-Texas St 10.

Wyoming was averaging 17 points per game before this, and receivers couldn't catch a pass.  I am glad Texas invented a Texas State to help Wyoming feel better.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

alfred russel

Quote from: PDH on October 01, 2017, 10:33:00 AM
The Wyoming Cowboys have clawed their way back over .500 with a win over Texas State.  Texas State, not to be confused with one of the real Texas schools, is mostly made up of 12 year olds and Special Olympics types - at least given the final score of Wyoming 45-Texas St 10.

Wyoming was averaging 17 points per game before this, and receivers couldn't catch a pass.  I am glad Texas invented a Texas State to help Wyoming feel better.

Don't disparage Texas State. They have a proud heritage, a portion of which is shown in this documentary:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102517/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Savonarola

Quote from: Savonarola on September 29, 2017, 02:27:32 PM
The Foosaner Art Museum here in Melbourne has an exhibition by women artists from their permanent collection.  Tying together with this they had a "Girls Night Out" party at the museum which featured a silent auction.  My wife had the winning (and only) bid on tickets to the Florida Institute of Technology football game.

CB:  I got it for the minimum bid!  Can you believe no one else bid on that?
Savonarola:  For a football game at an all women's group at an art museum auction?  Yes I can believe that.
CB:  Oh...

It was actually quite a deal.  For $20 she got two tickets to three football games, FIT T-Shirts and free parking.  Admittedly it's for a Division II school that had its first football season last year, but still you can't go too wrong at less than $3.50 per ticket.

The T-shirts have the lyrics to the FIT fight song written on them.  We're going to have to take turns turning our backs on one another every time they score so one of us can sing the fight song.

FIT's "Home stadium" is actually the stadium of Palm Bay High School.  Even if they had their own stadium, you could have told it was a Division II engineering school, all the cheerleaders were brunette.

;)

It wasn't a bad game, West Florida won 23-21.  It was awfully hot and sticky though, even after the sun set.  It's surprising college football is such a big thing here; September in central Florida alternates between unbearably hot and tropical storms.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

I've found going to div III games being more enjoyable that going to a stadium with a 100,000 idiots in it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 05, 2017, 07:23:28 PM
I've found going to div III games being more enjoyable that going to a stadium with a 100,000 idiots in it.

Looking forward to that Case Western--John Carroll clash of the titans, are you?

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 05, 2017, 07:43:03 PM

Looking forward to that Case Western--John Carroll clash of the titans, are you?

Wittenberg vs Ohio reform school for Girls

grumbler

Yeah, if you wanted to be surrounded by idiots, you'd have stayed home and sat in your Hall of Mirrors.  Cheaper and better restroom facilities.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Once more, we play our dangerous game, a game of chess against our old adversary: The Kansas State Wildcats. For twenty years, your fathers before you and your older brothers played this game and got their asses kicked. But tomorrow the game is different. It reminds me of the heady days of Vince Young and Jamaal Charles when the world trembled at our zone read. Well, they will tremble again — despite our much shittier zone read. The order is: engage one decent fucking drive.

Hopefully the defense will manage to pull Texas through :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

It reminds me of the heady days of Ricky Williams and Eric Metcalf when the world trembled at the sound of your running backs.  Now they will tremble again - at the sound of your three and outs.

Ed Anger

I want to go to school in....Montana.

grumbler

Friends in Ann Arbor reporting that massive security precautions seem to be taking shape ahead of tonight's game.  Prime time game + largest stadium outside of North Korea + some vague threats = major concerns, I guess.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on October 07, 2017, 08:44:08 AM
Friends in Ann Arbor reporting that massive security precautions seem to be taking shape ahead of tonight's game.  Prime time game + largest stadium outside of North Korea + some vague threats = major concerns, I guess.

If you were to try to assassinate a Wolverine, sir, the--how shall I say it?--the aura of royalty would cause you to miss.  But, a Spartoon...I mean, why not shoot a Spartoon?

alfred russel

Quote from: grumbler on October 07, 2017, 08:44:08 AM

Last time the Spartans visited a foreign national did bomb, big time (Michigan's Australian punter).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014