And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Foootball 2017

Started by grumbler, April 01, 2017, 07:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 03, 2018, 03:12:22 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 03, 2018, 01:59:25 PM
Jesus, Valmy needs to stick to football too.

Eh, he's essentially correct. It's done so the opposing team can't burn time off the clock. Or are you keying on the word "intentional"?

Yeah, I'm not understanding the "stick to football" stuff, either.  Intentional fouls are a trade off between giving the opponent excellent scoring opportunities, and in return getting the chance to score yourself.  At a certain point late in some games it becomes the only viable strategy.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Quote from: grumbler on January 03, 2018, 01:13:48 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on January 03, 2018, 12:30:42 PM
You - as a referee - are essentially eliminating the kneel down from the game. Whether the coaches want that is not the point. you aren't supposed to just do what the coaches want. The rule makers have not removed it.

What "rule makers" made a kneel-down rule and have not removed it?  Where can I find this rule?

They have not removed the play from the game, similar to the intentional walk rule in baseball.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Berkut

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/football/greg-hansen-with-richrod-gone-maybe-it-s-time-for/article_114e5aa6-9d64-507c-9949-3c075ef1ce10.html

Greg Hansen has been doing opinion pieces on Arizona sports for longer than I've been alive. He knows the people who know the people.

I tend to trust his facts pretty much on faith.

Sounds like RichRod was a pretty big douchebag in a lot of ways.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Huh. RichRod being a jerk wad. Shocking.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Savonarola

Suck it SEC: UCF Claims National Title.   :P :P :P

They created their own National Champion Banner and they're holding a National Champion Parade today at Disney World.  At last we've found a university that represents all of Florida.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Admiral Yi

grumbler

Schools can claim whatever they want.  UCF was probably rated too low, but they likely weren't one of the top four teams in the country in any case.  They just weren't in a position to play a tough enough schedule to show that they were elite.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 07, 2018, 08:35:15 PM
Wut

Sav's link.  The talking head says (talking about Middle South Florida Tech's national championship) that "I'm not the guy saying get off my lawn."

alfred russel

This is fucking stupid...everything is shutting down...probably 25% of the office didn't come in, by 2 almost everyone was gone, and at 4 I am almost the last one here. I can't get food because the cafeteria shut down at 2 (usually food services stay open till 7).

If Georgia wins I'm never going to hear the end of it. So I guess,

Roll Tide Roll!
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

alfred russel

I'm eating pretzel pieces in the hot buffalo wing flavor out of a vending machine. I realize this is probably the most Alabama thing I can do without marrying a relative.

crazy canuck

Doesn't the game start in about 4 hours?

alfred russel

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 08, 2018, 04:33:17 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on January 08, 2018, 04:11:43 PM
Roll Tide Roll!

Fuck you and your Irish Hurricanes.  :mad:

I am a misanthrope. I am sad because my teams suck, and I want everyone around me to be sad. Nick Saban will continue to be miserable because he gets no joy out of anything in life. His players will be miserable because they play for Nick Saban. Their fans won't even be that happy because they seem to be winning titles every other year anyway. Also, they can be trolled about not winning the SEC, or their division, and not even being the best team in their state (lost by two scores to Auburn).

Alabama winning will produce the least amount of joy in the world. Therefore: Alabama.

Also, one of my favorite facts to remind Georgia fans is that Georgia Tech has more national titles than Georgia, and also a more recent one. A UGA win tonight will ruin that.