News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Foootball 2017

Started by grumbler, April 01, 2017, 07:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

This has to be the worst bowl season for the Pac-12, ever?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on January 01, 2018, 09:03:09 AM
This has to be the worst bowl season for the Pac-12, ever?
Not just the PAC-12 my friend. Worst of any Power 5. And the way most of the games weren't even competitive.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Savonarola

Quote from: Savonarola on January 01, 2018, 08:18:15 AM
My wife (MSU undergrad, as you all know) and sister-in-law (Purdue undergrad, MSU grad) were deciding who to root for in today's Michigan-South Carolina game.  Their solution:  they hope Michigan wins and Harbaugh gets ejected.

Well neither one happened; a thoroughly disappointing Outback Bowl in Casa di Savonarole.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

UCF: goes unbeaten, wins its conference, beats Auburn, and sitting at home.

Alabama: Has a loss, lost its division, lost to Auburn, playing for the championship.

Might have a few more kinks to work out in this playoff business.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Serves UCF right for not being in a power conference.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: Savonarola on January 01, 2018, 04:01:03 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on January 01, 2018, 08:18:15 AM
My wife (MSU undergrad, as you all know) and sister-in-law (Purdue undergrad, MSU grad) were deciding who to root for in today's Michigan-South Carolina game.  Their solution:  they hope Michigan wins and Harbaugh gets ejected.

Well neither one happened; a thoroughly disappointing Outback Bowl in Casa di Savonarole.   :(

That was an awful game.  It was only close because the teams took turns sucking.  Neither one deserved to win.  That's the first game where I seriously questioned Harbaugh's ability to coach.   Michigan needs a new OC.  Playcalling was awful.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Rose Bowl. What an exhausting game.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 01, 2018, 09:40:06 PM
Rose Bowl. What an exhausting game.

Putting up with the antics of Baker Mayfield always is.

Glad Georgia made him cry.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on January 01, 2018, 04:55:55 PM

Alabama: Has a loss, lost its division, lost to Auburn, playing for the championship.

The committee likes strength of schedule and marketability more than a perfect season.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

Quote from: grumbler on December 31, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
Fuck, they even played a quarterback with a torn ACL (which no reputable program would do). 

Purdue did, and they are a reputable program. The doctors said no further injury would result. Good for them letting the QB play.

That's an argument against playing football, not against subverting a convention designed to avoid unnecessary injuries.

Football is unnecessary. All injuries sustained playing football are unnecessary.

If you can gain advantage on a play to possibly win the game, why not do it? If injury risk is cool in every formation other than the victory formation, why not accept injury risk in the victory formation too if you can occasionally gain a decisive advantage out of it?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: Berkut on December 31, 2017, 10:20:59 PM

Why? It is clear you know nothing about how football is officiated, and don't care to learn.

You start this with a hypothetical scenario that the officials told Arizona not to rush, then you say you doubt that happened, then you bitch at me because I theorize about the only viable way to communicate that information.

Other than shouting presnap, how do you expect them to communicate it to Arizona? Personally pay a visit to each Arizona player and tell them not to rush? Tell it to one guy and hope he somehow spreads the word?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

alfred russel

Quote from: grumbler on January 01, 2018, 05:31:49 PM
That was an awful game.  It was only close because the teams took turns sucking.  Neither one deserved to win.  That's the first game where I seriously questioned Harbaugh's ability to coach.   Michigan needs a new OC.  Playcalling was awful.

For years I've been telling you that:

a) James Franklin is an awesome coach, and is going to do good at Penn State, and
b) Jim Harbaugh hasn't really shown himself to be a great college coach, and is overrated.

Glad to see you are coming around.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on January 01, 2018, 04:55:55 PM

Yeah, I'd rather see UCF next week( or realistically Clemson) too.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 02, 2018, 07:27:49 AM
Yeah, I'd rather see UCF next week( or realistically Clemson) too.

I bet you would :P

I hope Georgia wins for what its worth. (not much)

crazy canuck

Is Clemson's coach always so volatile in going after his players on the sideline or was he just having a bad day?