0 (0%)
Don't eat/like steaks
5 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 64

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on March 03, 2017, 12:49:36 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 03, 2017, 12:06:32 PM
Quote from: Syt on March 03, 2017, 11:50:36 AM
Vienna has its share of hipster places, but the only one I endorse is Gorilla Kitchen and its burritos: http://www.gorillakitchen.at/?lang=en

I'm sure it's a great place, but the gorilla's ass in their signage would make me want to eat somewhere else.

Stay in your comfort zone at all times.
Nothing wrong with comfort zone, that's the most comfortable place to be in.

Josquius

Burgers are a major thing for hipsters these past few years.
Which is curious as they're also traditionally down there with kebabs in the crappy and possibly poisoned cheap food sold by hairy Middle Eastern guys brigade.
These guys arent idiots.
Surely they must see the effect having a fashionable young guy serving and nice decor has. The amount you can mark up the prices by....

Alas in Switzerland most of this stuff has passed us by. Our latest thing is kebab shops selling tacos. Wow.

For steak my work canteen does it at a pretty decent and affordable price. It keeps my cravings under control.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: celedhring on March 03, 2017, 03:11:42 AM
Leaving out stuff like KFC, Burger King, McD's, Domino's, etc... some American-themed chains we have:

- Foster's Hollywood: burger and grill place. Theme obvious from the name.
- TGB (The Good Burger): New York-themed burger place.
- Timesburg: same as above. Actually some great burgers.
- Cup & Cake: hipster themed (really) coffee shop.
- Barba Rossa Beach Bar: biker/americana burgers and ribs. Extremely tacky  :lol:
- The Good Bagel: NY themed bagel place. Not related to TGB. Closing down nowadays which sucks since I love bagels.
- Tommy Mel's: 1950s diner
- Peggy Sue's: same as above, but "softer" themed.
- Ribs: Texan (as in cowboys and shit) BBQ place.
- Surf House: Cali/surfer theme, burgers, salads and cocktails.

Note that Barcelona is the hipster capital of Spain, so our tastes then to gravitate towards that area. Hipster/Brooklyn looking coffee places are dime a dozen.

Does "Timesburg" and "Tommy Mel" sound American to Spaniards?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

I had a well done steak today. And yes, there was ketchup involved. Mainly for the 'zesty' fries. Some meat got dunked though.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 10, 2017, 09:16:04 PM
I had a well done steak today. And yes, there was ketchup involved. Mainly for the 'zesty' fries. Some meat got dunked though.

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

I believe the correct Internet spelling is, "Your worse then Hilter!!!11"  :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?