Still Mooing
0 (0%)
Charcoal-y
0 (0%)
Don't eat/like steaks
5 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 64

celedhring

Leaving out stuff like KFC, Burger King, McD's, Domino's, etc... some American-themed chains we have:

- Foster's Hollywood: burger and grill place. Theme obvious from the name.
- TGB (The Good Burger): New York-themed burger place.
- Timesburg: same as above. Actually some great burgers.
- Cup & Cake: hipster themed (really) coffee shop.
- Barba Rossa Beach Bar: biker/americana burgers and ribs. Extremely tacky  :lol:
- The Good Bagel: NY themed bagel place. Not related to TGB. Closing down nowadays which sucks since I love bagels.
- Tommy Mel's: 1950s diner
- Peggy Sue's: same as above, but "softer" themed.
- Ribs: Texan (as in cowboys and shit) BBQ place.
- Surf House: Cali/surfer theme, burgers, salads and cocktails.

Note that Barcelona is the hipster capital of Spain, so our tastes then to gravitate towards that area. Hipster/Brooklyn looking coffee places are dime a dozen.

Admiral Yi

They don't eat ribs in Texas! They eat brisket!  :mad:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

We still lead the world with our breastaraunts.  No scribes allowed.

Gups

Can't think of any steak house chains part from the Aberdeen Angus ones which only tourists eat at.

There are a few high end mini-chains (with maybe 10 outlets or so).

The big trend at the top places is for steak from old (8 year plus) dairy cows, mainly from Spain especially Galicia. Not tried it myself but looking forward to doing so.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on March 03, 2017, 03:11:42 AM
Leaving out stuff like KFC, Burger King, McD's, Domino's, etc... some American-themed chains we have:

- Foster's Hollywood: burger and grill place. Theme obvious from the name.
- TGB (The Good Burger): New York-themed burger place.
- Timesburg: same as above. Actually some great burgers.
- Cup & Cake: hipster themed (really) coffee shop.
- Barba Rossa Beach Bar: biker/americana burgers and ribs. Extremely tacky  :lol:
- The Good Bagel: NY themed bagel place. Not related to TGB. Closing down nowadays which sucks since I love bagels.
- Tommy Mel's: 1950s diner
- Peggy Sue's: same as above, but "softer" themed.
- Ribs: Texan (as in cowboys and shit) BBQ place.
- Surf House: Cali/surfer theme, burgers, salads and cocktails.

Note that Barcelona is the hipster capital of Spain, so our tastes then to gravitate towards that area. Hipster/Brooklyn looking coffee places are dime a dozen.

Out of those we only have Foster's, Tommy Mel's and Peggy Sue in my neck of the woods.

celedhring

A lot of those might be regional chains. The hipster coffee shop/restaurant is Barcelona's latest malaise. Cup & Cake's waiters are particularly hilarious  :lol:

HVC

I like the way the guy on the left is looking at the waiter.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on March 03, 2017, 11:20:48 AM
A lot of those might be regional chains. The hipster coffee shop/restaurant is Barcelona's latest malaise. Cup & Cake's waiters are particularly hilarious  :lol:

They look like hipsters? What's the funny bit?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

It's a coffee shop chain with a hipster theme. I find it hilarious but YMMV.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

He's missing his bright green bowtie and Buddy Holly glasses.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

Vienna has its share of hipster places, but the only one I endorse is Gorilla Kitchen and its burritos: http://www.gorillakitchen.at/?lang=en
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on March 03, 2017, 11:50:36 AM
Vienna has its share of hipster places, but the only one I endorse is Gorilla Kitchen and its burritos: http://www.gorillakitchen.at/?lang=en

I'm sure it's a great place, but the gorilla's ass in their signage would make me want to eat somewhere else.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Quote from: derspiess on March 03, 2017, 12:06:32 PM
Quote from: Syt on March 03, 2017, 11:50:36 AM

I'm sure it's a great place, but the gorilla's ass in their signage would make me want to eat somewhere else.

Stay in your comfort zone at all times.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.