Confederate General Jefferson Beauregarde Sessions' First States' Rights Victory

Started by CountDeMoney, February 28, 2017, 02:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 01, 2017, 05:43:44 AM
I've known him for a very long time, and feel safe saying his genuine thoughts aren't much more endearing.

I think his posts on languish are an interesting case, though- Without ever necessarily thinking Trump was the right choice, he supports him in the name of contrarianism, antagonism, and his own amusement. But the reactions he gets, while doubtlessly amusing to him personally, I believe have served to push him closer to actually believing half the things he says and into the Trump orbit.

Writ large, I believe that may be happening around the country with young white Trump supporters who enjoy shocking and horrifying people with their support for the President, but especially in the Midwest. A great deal of Trump "supporters" who really just want to laugh at how much cleverer they are than the people around them are joking their way to becoming actual supporters.

Maybe something about mocking others and being universally reviled for your insincerely held opinions is close enough to the actual Trump experience that it ignites a special empathy for the man?

lots wrong here

LaCroix

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 28, 2017, 08:39:28 PMNo, fuck that asshole.  I'm not putting up with his bullshit trolling tonight.  Fucking Voting Rights Act gets rolled back, and he's going to blame voters.  Fuck his shit.  Not tonight.

I was posting this last night when I received notice that I was banned.

this is an anti-voter ID study that concedes studies show no evidence of actual impact re voter turnout. the study then goes on to make dubious claims such as "but our study is different, and we use a special technique, and it just so happens to support our agenda." the study shows its bias in several ways, such as making claims it can't backup and using sources out of context.
http://pages.ucsd.edu/~zhajnal/page5/documents/VoterIDLawsSuppressionofMinorityVoters.pdf.
Quote"Although there are many reasons to suspect that these laws could harm groups like racial minorities and the poor, existing studies have generally failed to demonstrate a link between voter ID laws and voter turnout among these groups."

if I'm "trolling," then you're trolling. there's not much difference between the average 20+ posts you make a day and the 1-2 I make a day. you just don't like the political beliefs I express, and that's it.

CountDeMoney

The Europeans, Canadians and pussies that don't like to see you banned are far outnumbered by everybody else that would rather see you catch on fire and jump from a skyscraper because you're a simpleton and a tool. 

So I will continue to ban you when you act stupid. And no, I don't like your political beliefs, because you have none.  You're just a lollertroll.

mongers

I've known him for a very long time, and feel safe saying his genuine thoughts aren't much more endearing.

I think his posts on languish are an interesting case, though- Without ever necessarily thinking Trump was the right choice, he supports him in the name of contrarianism, antagonism, and his own amusement. But the reactions he gets, while doubtlessly amusing to him personally, I believe have served to push him closer to actually believing half the things he says and into the Trump orbit.

Writ large, I believe that may be happening around the country with young white Trump supporters who enjoy shocking and horrifying people with their support for the President, but especially in the Midwest. A great deal of Trump "supporters" who really just want to laugh at how much cleverer they are than the people around them are joking their way to becoming actual supporters.

Maybe something about mocking others and being universally reviled for your insincerely held opinions is close enough to the actual Trump experience that it ignites a special empathy for the man?

Lettow, thanks for the thoughtful post, I think you're definitely onto something here.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

LaCroix

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 01, 2017, 08:07:30 AM
The Europeans, Canadians and pussies that don't like to see you banned are far outnumbered by everybody else that would rather see you catch on fire and jump from a skyscraper because you're a simpleton and a tool. 

So I will continue to ban you when you act stupid. And no, I don't like your political beliefs, because you have none.  You're just a lollertroll.

you banned me for making a valid argument. and I've never trolled on this board. If I'm a lollertroll, then so are you.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 01, 2017, 08:07:30 AM

:hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Your mask slipped a bit here, but that's okay.  This is good stuff.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

CountDeMoney

Quote from: LaCroix on March 01, 2017, 08:29:54 AM
you banned me for making a valid argument. and I've never trolled on this board. If I'm a lollertroll, then so are you.

Never said I wasn't, fuckstick.  But this is my litter box, and I have super-absorbent clumping mod powers.

grumbler

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 01, 2017, 09:15:17 AM
Quote from: grumbler on March 01, 2017, 09:04:01 AM
Your mask slipped a bit here, but that's okay. 

What did he mean by this?

You didn't post in your usual (and unique) style.  You posted like you were just another poster.

I don't mind that you posted like an ordinary poster, but will say I prefer your Lettow persona.  That style adds flavor to the board that boring posters like me don't.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Grumbler speaks in antebellum Virginian with a slight, effervescent hint of Carolina lilt, but types like CPO Sharkey.