Confederate General Jefferson Beauregarde Sessions' First States' Rights Victory

Started by CountDeMoney, February 28, 2017, 02:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 28, 2017, 08:31:56 PM
E:  Oh there is a little movie theater there that shows the not so mainstream movies, so it has that going for it.  Alamo Drafthouse is better for that though. vOv

There were only a small number of early voting locations this time around for some reason. At least in my part of Austin.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 28, 2017, 08:35:33 PM
What did Texas require from voters to verify their identity as mandated by law before?

In the last couple pres. elections they wanted the shit on that list. 

Before that, you got a registration card mailed to you and you just show up at the place and tell them your name and they check you off on a list. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on February 28, 2017, 08:35:55 PM
Well I think Seedy has been pummeled enough so I shall say nothing -_-

No, fuck that asshole.  I'm not putting up with his bullshit trolling tonight.  Fucking Voting Rights Act gets rolled back, and he's going to blame voters.  Fuck his shit.  Not tonight.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 28, 2017, 08:38:06 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 28, 2017, 08:35:33 PM
What did Texas require from voters to verify their identity as mandated by law before?

In the last couple pres. elections they wanted the shit on that list. 

Before that, you got a registration card mailed to you and you just show up at the place and tell them your name and they check you off on a list. 

I don't think that is right. I have brought my ID all ready to accommodate the effort to suppress voters but nobody has asked to see it I don't think. I would just hand them my voters registration.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on February 28, 2017, 08:37:55 PM
There were only a small number of early voting locations this time around for some reason. At least in my part of Austin.

That's shitty.  I haven't noticed much of a drop here in this area.  The early mall one was still there, and then the two at nearby schools (elementary school in my neighborhood for me, and then one down the road for the next district over) were naturally still there.

For the 2000 election, my voting place was in a Whole Foods.  :D  I wonder if that one is still there.  Some horrible place called Sprouts took over that location. 

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on February 28, 2017, 08:40:47 PM
I don't think that is right. I have brought my ID all ready to accommodate the effort to suppress voters but nobody has asked to see it I don't think. I would just hand them my voters registration.

My rights were trampled then, because they asked.

E:  Although I never needed even the registration card before that.  Just told them my name.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 28, 2017, 08:42:45 PM

That's shitty.  I haven't noticed much of a drop here in this area. 

All the polling stations closed in Texas since Shelby were only in half the state's counties.

Besides, you guys are white.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 28, 2017, 08:45:26 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 28, 2017, 08:40:47 PM

My rights were trampled then, because they asked.

E:  Although I never needed even the registration card before that.  Just told them my name.

Profiled  :nelson:  What with looking so ethnic and all.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 28, 2017, 08:47:34 PM
All the polling stations closed in Texas since Shelby were only in half the state's counties.

Besides, you guys are white.

White people are minorities just about everywhere in San Antonio, including where I live.  ;)

Alamo Heights is it's own place.  White people run that joint.

e: 
QuoteProfiled  :nelson:  What with looking so ethnic and all.

:cool:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 28, 2017, 08:42:45 PM

That's shitty.  I haven't noticed much of a drop here in this area.  The early mall one was still there, and then the two at nearby schools (elementary school in my neighborhood for me, and then one down the road for the next district over) were naturally still there.

For the 2000 election, my voting place was in a Whole Foods.  :D  I wonder if that one is still there.  Some horrible place called Sprouts took over that location.

I think they're basically the same thing, overpriced organic shit.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 28, 2017, 09:02:23 PM
I think they're basically the same thing, overpriced organic shit.

The first, and only, time I went into that Sprouts place, there seemed to be a very large amount of expired stuff on the shelves.   I don't remember Whole Foods (or Sun Harvest, another hippy grocery store that was in that same location before both of them) being like that, although to be fair, I didn't go there much either.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 28, 2017, 08:39:28 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 28, 2017, 08:35:55 PM
Well I think Seedy has been pummeled enough so I shall say nothing -_-

No, fuck that asshole.  I'm not putting up with his bullshit trolling tonight.  Fucking Voting Rights Act gets rolled back, and he's going to blame voters.  Fuck his shit.  Not tonight.

Makes sense to kick him out to me. I don't know, maybe if he wanted to post a genuine thought for once.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Lettow77

I've known him for a very long time, and feel safe saying his genuine thoughts aren't much more endearing.

I think his posts on languish are an interesting case, though- Without ever necessarily thinking Trump was the right choice, he supports him in the name of contrarianism, antagonism, and his own amusement. But the reactions he gets, while doubtlessly amusing to him personally, I believe have served to push him closer to actually believing half the things he says and into the Trump orbit.

Writ large, I believe that may be happening around the country with young white Trump supporters who enjoy shocking and horrifying people with their support for the President, but especially in the Midwest. A great deal of Trump "supporters" who really just want to laugh at how much cleverer they are than the people around them are joking their way to becoming actual supporters.

Maybe something about mocking others and being universally reviled for your insincerely held opinions is close enough to the actual Trump experience that it ignites a special empathy for the man?
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

CountDeMoney

Don't you have an aircraft carrier to crash into or something? STFU.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?