Operation Enduring Nuremberg: The Trump Diaspora begins...con carne!

Started by CountDeMoney, February 21, 2017, 11:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: LaCroix on February 22, 2017, 07:40:36 PMjust like you see more drug use in states in which it's barely prosecuted.

You got some stats to back that up?

LaCroix

not on hand, no

is it a wild proposition? people are going to smoke weed more often in states where it's culturally accepted to the point of relaxed prosecution/laws

CountDeMoney

LaCroix

:hmm: I can not have stats on hand yet at the same time not talk out of my ass, if I'm talking about experience and how people generally feel in drug states vs. anti-drug states

CountDeMoney

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on February 22, 2017, 01:21:43 PM
Heaven forbid we enforce existing laws.

I'll be sure to say that to my sister when her husband of 25 years is deported because they didn't make enough money to get him his citizenship. I bet his two children and eight grandchildren will totally understand, too.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

derspiess thinks it's all fun and games until all the fucked up beaner accents in his house gets caught up in the machinery.

MRS DERSPIESS DEPORTED TO ECUADOR
CLAIMS SHES NOT FROM THERE

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 22, 2017, 06:26:02 PM
Quote from: Jacob on February 22, 2017, 05:55:48 PM
This has been proven to not be the case, I'm pretty sure. Non-Americans in general do not take those jobs even at a premium - and even when they do, they tend to be not very good at them.

It turns out that harvesting is skilled labour - at least if you want to do it efficiently - and it's a skill that no longer is extant in the American labour force.

For the harvesting to be done locally in the US you need to train tens of thousands of American workers in the relevant skills. It's doable, of course, but it's more than "just paying a bit more".

... at least that's what I've read on the subject regarding the use of non-immigrant labour for agricultural work. It seems Britain is facing a similar situation with the apparent upcoming exclusion of East European farm labour.

I probably read the same article you did about peach pickers in Georgia.  But that doesn't mean there is not *some* wage at which sufficient labor would present itself to clear the market, or that given enough time that labor would not develop the skill needed to pick fruit (though from my memory 9it was more an issue of stamina and willingess rather than skill per se).

Hence the good swift kick in the pants.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: merithyn on February 22, 2017, 10:02:47 PM
I'll be sure to say that to my sister when her husband of 25 years is deported because they didn't make enough money to get him his citizenship. I bet his two children and eight grandchildren will totally understand, too.

I don't think you need citizenship to stay if you're married to a citizen.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Archy

Just wondering could my Trump supporting nephew who's overstaying his visum be deported back over here? He's married to a Columbian working for some big corp.
I would so be gloating if that was the case. He just doesn't realize he supported the guy with the highest chance of kicking him out.

derspiess

So the mayor of Cincinnati held a big press conference a couple weeks ago in which he declared Cincinnati to be a "sanctuary city", without going into much detail other than that he welcomes immigrants.  It was some Grade A virtue signaling, drawing all sorts of support on social media.

His office has since clarified that the city will continue to cooperate with the county in notifying ICE of any illegal aliens that are arrested.  So it was all pretty much a meaningless platitude.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on February 23, 2017, 09:29:06 AM
So the mayor of Cincinnati held a big press conference a couple weeks ago in which he declared Cincinnati to be a "sanctuary city", without going into much detail other than that he welcomes immigrants.  It was some Grade A virtue signaling, drawing all sorts of support on social media.

His office has since clarified that the city will continue to cooperate with the county in notifying ICE of any illegal aliens that are arrested.  So it was all pretty much a meaningless platitude.

A politician engaged in meaningless platitudes?  Shocking!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on February 23, 2017, 09:41:08 AM
A politician engaged in meaningless platitudes?  Shocking!

And it worked for him-- I haven't seen any backlash after that page 6 story clarifying the city's policy.  Trumpistas are still pissed at him, but they live out in the burbs and don't vote in city elections.