Operation Enduring Nuremberg: The Trump Diaspora begins...con carne!

Started by CountDeMoney, February 21, 2017, 11:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 22, 2017, 07:59:09 PM
So you're talking out of your ass.

I'm surprised anyone reads what he has to say.  I just skip right past him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on February 23, 2017, 09:29:06 AM
So the mayor of Cincinnati held a big press conference a couple weeks ago in which he declared Cincinnati to be a "sanctuary city", without going into much detail other than that he welcomes immigrants.  It was some Grade A virtue signaling, drawing all sorts of support on social media.

His office has since clarified that the city will continue to cooperate with the county in notifying ICE of any illegal aliens that are arrested.  So it was all pretty much a meaningless platitude.

Maybe he only meant for immigrants essential to the war effort.

That is rather bizarre because if he was really interested in not reporting immigrants he would probably keep it subtle. So, like you said, probably a publicity stunt he had no intention of actually doing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on February 23, 2017, 09:29:06 AM
So the mayor of Cincinnati held a big press conference a couple weeks ago in which he declared Cincinnati to be a "sanctuary city", without going into much detail other than that he welcomes immigrants.  It was some Grade A virtue signaling, drawing all sorts of support on social media.

Yeah, who could imagine politicians engaging in "Grade A virtue signalling" to appeal to lowest common denominator dumbasses.

"We are going to build a wall!"
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Oexmelin

Quote from: Archy on February 23, 2017, 02:00:00 AM
Just wondering could my Trump supporting nephew who's overstaying his visum be deported back over here? He's married to a Columbian working for some big corp.
I would so be gloating if that was the case. He just doesn't realize he supported the guy with the highest chance of kicking him out.

Yes. People overstaying the terms of their visas is precisely the main source of illegals in the US.
Que le grand cric me croque !

derspiess

So Berkut are you going to tell me which groups I hate?  I suppose you could also take back that statement.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on February 23, 2017, 10:26:57 AM
So Berkut are you going to tell me which groups I hate?  I suppose you could also take back that statement.

Why would I play that game with you?

Of course your response will be to wave your little fig leaf around, we all know how that plays out - that is the point of how revolting the mass of Trump fans like you are...

So no, I am not going to retract my statement that you are, at best, supporting of bigots, and likely are the typical Trump supporter intolerant bigot yourself. But I can't imagine what benefit I would gain from playing along with your little "I am not a bigot! I just hate Clinton and support Trump for perfectly rational reasons that I express via meme and trolling!" game.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 22, 2017, 06:26:02 PM
Quote from: Jacob on February 22, 2017, 05:55:48 PM
This has been proven to not be the case, I'm pretty sure. Non-Americans in general do not take those jobs even at a premium - and even when they do, they tend to be not very good at them.

It turns out that harvesting is skilled labour - at least if you want to do it efficiently - and it's a skill that no longer is extant in the American labour force.

For the harvesting to be done locally in the US you need to train tens of thousands of American workers in the relevant skills. It's doable, of course, but it's more than "just paying a bit more".

... at least that's what I've read on the subject regarding the use of non-immigrant labour for agricultural work. It seems Britain is facing a similar situation with the apparent upcoming exclusion of East European farm labour.

I probably read the same article you did about peach pickers in Georgia.  But that doesn't mean there is not *some* wage at which sufficient labor would present itself to clear the market, or that given enough time that labor would not develop the skill needed to pick fruit (though from my memory it was more an issue of stamina and willingess rather than skill per se).
At some point, yes, they would do it.  But then, it will be cheaper to import peaches from Mexico or Nicaragua or anywhere else they can be grown, even with trade tariffs.  So these farms will switch to another production, they might even be planting subsidized corn to produce ethanol, something that is easy to cultivate with mechanical tools. 

Not that great for the economy, but what do I know, I'm not a Trumpist, so I don't know nothing about the economy.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on February 23, 2017, 10:36:21 AM

Of course your response will be to wave your little fig leaf around, we all know how that plays out - that is the point of how revolting the mass of Trump fans like you are...

So no, I am not going to retract my statement that you are, at best, supporting of bigots, and likely are the typical Trump supporter intolerant bigot yourself. But I can't imagine what benefit I would gain from playing along with your little "I am not a bigot! I just hate Clinton and support Trump for perfectly rational reasons that I express via meme and trolling!" game.

Then you're a fucking pussy. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on February 23, 2017, 10:50:02 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 22, 2017, 06:26:02 PM
Quote from: Jacob on February 22, 2017, 05:55:48 PM
This has been proven to not be the case, I'm pretty sure. Non-Americans in general do not take those jobs even at a premium - and even when they do, they tend to be not very good at them.

It turns out that harvesting is skilled labour - at least if you want to do it efficiently - and it's a skill that no longer is extant in the American labour force.

For the harvesting to be done locally in the US you need to train tens of thousands of American workers in the relevant skills. It's doable, of course, but it's more than "just paying a bit more".

... at least that's what I've read on the subject regarding the use of non-immigrant labour for agricultural work. It seems Britain is facing a similar situation with the apparent upcoming exclusion of East European farm labour.

I probably read the same article you did about peach pickers in Georgia.  But that doesn't mean there is not *some* wage at which sufficient labor would present itself to clear the market, or that given enough time that labor would not develop the skill needed to pick fruit (though from my memory it was more an issue of stamina and willingess rather than skill per se).
At some point, yes, they would do it.  But then, it will be cheaper to import peaches from Mexico or Nicaragua or anywhere else they can be grown, even with trade tariffs.  So these farms will switch to another production, they might even be planting subsidized corn to produce ethanol, something that is easy to cultivate with mechanical tools. 

Not that great for the economy, but what do I know, I'm not a TrumpistI'm right-wing, so I don't know nothing about the economy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on February 23, 2017, 10:59:34 AM
Quote from: Berkut on February 23, 2017, 10:36:21 AM

Then you're a fucking pussy.

But not a fucking moron.  I don't think your views are as well-hidden as you believe.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

I can laugh off accusations of me being a Trump voter/supporter, but if someone is accusing me of hating groups of people I take that seriously.  Berkut seems to have thrown that out there somewhat casually, but he needs to either substantiate his claim and clarify which groups I hate, or retract the claim. 

My previous post aside, I try not to engage in personal attacks on anyone here.  And I generally take things directed at me with a grain of salt.  But when someone makes serious accusations like Berkut did (however vaguely) I can't let them stand.

Jacob

Quote from: LaCroix on February 22, 2017, 07:53:01 PM
not on hand, no

is it a wild proposition? people are going to smoke weed more often in states where it's culturally accepted to the point of relaxed prosecution/laws

It's certainly an unfounded statement. I mean, I recall reading articles about usage rates going down when drug addiction was treated as an illness (i.e. not criminalization with treatment programs offered) vs criminalization which would tend to indicate the opposite of what your "common sense" implies. But that's all it is at this point, a vague recollection.

I'd think actual facts would be better for the discussion than relying on supposition or recollections either way.

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on February 23, 2017, 11:13:57 AM
But not a fucking moron.  I don't think your views are as well-hidden as you believe.

Or maybe you're not as good a judge of character as you believe.  But okay, what are my views?