And we're back!

Main Menu

How do you carry around your cel phone?

Started by PRC, January 26, 2017, 06:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I Carry my Cel Phone...

in my pocket.
37 (88.1%)
in this holster type thing that attaches to my belt.
2 (4.8%)
in my fanny pack.
0 (0%)
in my purse / European handbag.
0 (0%)
in my cleavage / bra.
1 (2.4%)
I do not have a cel phone.
2 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 41

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on January 27, 2017, 12:24:04 PM
If I get an emergency text from my wife?  Request immediate adjournment (which would be granted) then race home.

Why don't you call first?  Not to get all up in your fambly bidness, but it is a phone. You'd find out what's happening faster than if you raced home.

Duque de Bragança

Interior jacket pocket. Not using outside pockets since pickpockets are a concern over here, though they target mostly women for their purses but they would be open for an opportunity strike I guess.

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 27, 2017, 01:19:34 PM
If I get an emergency text from my wife?  Request immediate adjournment (which would be granted) then race home.

Why don't you call first?  Not to get all up in your fambly bidness, but it is a phone. You'd find out what's happening faster than if you raced home.

Because text often carries information? :unsure:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Quote from: The Brain on January 28, 2017, 02:05:41 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 27, 2017, 01:19:34 PM

Forgive him...he doesn't get texts on his landline.  :P

DGuller

DontSayBanana

I have a holster for when I'm at work, but most of the time, I just keep it in my back pocket (iPhone 6 Plus is too big for my front pocket)
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 28, 2017, 02:44:45 AM
Quote from: The Brain on January 28, 2017, 02:05:41 AM

Forgive him...he doesn't get texts on his landline.  :P

I ran out of cord. :P

You know, for a generation of allegedly "work smarter, not harder" types, none of you are up on the whole time-management thingy.  30 second conversation?  NO LETS TEXT FOR 5 MINUTES INSTEAD

Useless fucking monkeys.

Syt

I find a text more considerate and less intrusive than a call; it shows me that the other person is considerate of my time and lets me answer when I'm ready, so I can carry on real life coversations/work.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on January 28, 2017, 12:48:04 PM
I find a text more considerate and less intrusive than a call; it shows me that the other person is considerate of my time and lets me answer when I'm ready, so I can carry on real life coversations/work.
Exactly.  Calling someone sends a message that my stuff is more important than what you're busy with, whatever the fuck that is.  Sometimes that is the case, sometimes you really need get someone right this minute, but that shouldn't be a regular occurrence.

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 28, 2017, 12:43:39 PM
You know, for a generation of allegedly "work smarter, not harder" types, none of you are up on the whole time-management thingy.  30 second conversation?  NO LETS TEXT FOR 5 MINUTES INSTEAD

Useless fucking monkeys.
Getting constantly interrupted isn't good for time management either.  And texts sure are quicker to read than the voicemail that you have to listen to three times in its entirety, in order to jot down all the necessary information conveyed.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on January 28, 2017, 04:54:37 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 28, 2017, 12:43:39 PM

Useless fucking monkeys.
Getting constantly interrupted isn't good for time management either.  And texts sure are quicker to read than the voicemail that you have to listen to three times in its entirety, in order to jot down all the necessary information conveyed.

DG, do you keep the one-time pads with the phone or nearer the SW radio?    :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on January 28, 2017, 12:48:04 PM

I prefer to drive across town and shout at people. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Personal flip phone in pocket along with shitty smartphone. iShit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

LaCroix

@text vs. call discussion - depending on the relationship, you're supposed to text "hey, can I call you?" and then call if the person says that's OK. this covers the inconsiderate issue and the conveying information issue