The Inauguration of the 45th U.S. President

Started by mongers, January 20, 2017, 09:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2017, 11:30:29 AM
Quote from: Liep on January 20, 2017, 11:28:15 AM
Pictures of Bush joking with Obama makes me realise I can't remember having seen Trump laughing.. besides that smirk he has when he knows he should be smiling.

I've told you that.  We've posted articles about it. Media that covers him have searched high and low for any footage beyond a smile or a grin.  There is none.  He is a sociopath.

Oh.  :blush:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on January 20, 2017, 11:31:41 AM
Guess bush must be pleased that he's not going to be the stupid president anymore.

Like Bubba is pleased he will no longer be the pervy president.

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 20, 2017, 11:34:47 AM
Guess bush must be pleased that he's not going to be the stupid president anymore.

The dress cleaning budget is gonna go through the roof.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Crazy_Ivan80

and all of the 10 worst US presidents (dead or not) will be happy to know there's a new number 1. One of them will be really happy as he leaves the list!

Liep

Trump looks like he's taking it personal that the latino priest chose that reading. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

grumbler

And Lincoln that he's no longer That Ugly President.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on January 20, 2017, 11:40:32 AM
Trump looks like he's taking it personal that the latino priest chose that reading. :P

Wait until he gets the attendance projections from the National Park Service.  This isn't just a low inaugural turnout due to weather:  this is a collective no-show.

Liep

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2017, 11:42:50 AM
Quote from: Liep on January 20, 2017, 11:40:32 AM

Wait until he gets the attendance projections from the National Park Service.  This isn't just a low inaugural turnout due to weather:  this is a collective no-show.

The discrepancy between Trump's concert and Obama's was bigger than I even thought possible.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a8618452/donald-trump-barack-obama-inaugural-concert-crowds/
An estimated 10,000 versus an estimated 400,000.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 20, 2017, 11:47:57 AM
The discrepancy between Trump's concert and Obama's was bigger than I even thought possible.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a8618452/donald-trump-barack-obama-inaugural-concert-crowds/

Spin: Republicans are hard working and don't have time to travel freely like the hippie Obama-lovers.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on January 20, 2017, 11:49:32 AM
Spin: Republicans are hard working and don't have time to travel freely like the hippie Obama-lovers.

More spin:  Real Americans blocked by America-hating protesters and the blacks.

HVC

Quote from: Liep on January 20, 2017, 11:49:32 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 20, 2017, 11:47:57 AM

Welfare blacks :yes:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

LaCroix

only 4% of DC voters voted trump, so yeah the crowd is going to be a lot smaller. I imagine DC folks don't like him much, and the working class probably can't afford justifying traveling there

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2017, 11:42:50 AM

The National Park Service now answers to Trump. What happens if he doesn't like their estimate?

We are fucked.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

FunkMonk

Quote from: LaCroix on January 20, 2017, 11:52:42 AM
only 4% of DC voters voted trump, so yeah the crowd is going to be a lot smaller. I imagine DC folks don't like him much, and the working class probably can't afford justifying traveling there

Pretty much yeah, the low turnout is unsurprising, but still funny. Especially if the Women's March in DC tomorrow has a huge turnout.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.