Would you give up a second Obama term to avoid a Trump presidency?

Started by derspiess, January 11, 2017, 12:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which scenario is less bad?

Romney defeats Obama in 2012 & is re-elected in 2016; no Trump candidacy
31 (67.4%)
Obama defeats Romney in 2012 & Trump defeats Hillary in 2016
5 (10.9%)
Jaron defeats Jaron in 2012, but then Jaron comes back to beat Jaron in 2016
10 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 45

derspiess

Quote from: Habbaku on January 11, 2017, 12:17:03 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 11, 2017, 12:11:21 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on January 11, 2017, 12:09:15 PM
I think Spicey might have misread his audience...

I really didn't know what to expect.  Which is why I made the poll.

Yes, I'm sure that's why you lead the poll with that idiotic strawman.

What strawman?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maximus

It's actually a quandary for derspiess. He wouldn't have been able to see as much of Michelle.

The Brain

Since we're doing alt-hist I'd much rather see Hitler 7 unite the feuding Hitler clones leading the various moon bases, and have him descend on the White House.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

Since this poll question is dumb because what idiot would prefer a Trump presidency over a 2012/2016 Romney victory, I propose a new poll question:

How will Trump's presidency end?

1) Complete full 8 years
2) Complete full 4 years
3) Resign in disgrace sometime in the next 8 years
4) Impeachment and thrown out of office
5) Assassination
6) Jaron ascends the Golden Throne in a coup

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

No Trumpreich of a Thousand Years option? It lacks hyperbole otherwise.

Admiral Yi

I think it's more in keeping with the spirit of the original question to think of people who would be worse than Trump.

Here's my list:

FunkMonk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 11, 2017, 12:34:09 PM
I think it's more in keeping with the spirit of the original question to think of people who would be worse than Trump.

Here's my list:

:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Here's my list:

Kanye West
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

Habbaku

Here's my list:

:)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Here's my list:

Bernie Sanders? :hmm:

Trump does have some positives - some of his cabinet appointments have been solid, he promises to appoint conservative USSC justices, that mitigate against his general awfulness.  A hard-left President like Sanders isn't as awful a human being, but he doesn't have any positives to bring to the table either.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on January 11, 2017, 12:41:21 PM

Here's my list:

Bernie Sanders? :hmm:

Trump does have some positives - some of his cabinet appointments have been solid, he promises to appoint conservative USSC justices, that mitigate against his general awfulness.  A hard-left President like Sanders isn't as awful a human being, but he doesn't have any positives to bring to the table either.

:rolleyes: