News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

California’s Nightmare Will Kill Obamanomics

Started by jimmy olsen, July 06, 2009, 10:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on July 08, 2009, 11:29:46 AM
The problem with this theory is that alot of chronically unemployed people (and I'm not saying Raz necessarily fits in this category) either flat-out refuse to work or are grossly incapable of doing nearly any sort of work.  In earlier times these sort of people might be expected to at least do unskilled labor but nowadays many of them are absurdly overweight, and plus we have machines to do alot of that shit now.

Anyway the reason why that wouldn't work is the same reason why slavery didn't work all that well: if people have no will whatsoever to work and drag their feet at every opportunity, they're more of a liability to an employer than an asset.

The most efficient solution would be mass executions. :)

I know, as soon as I posted it, I realized the fatal flaw.  Rather than mass executions, let's just expose them to the elements. Ship 'em out to wilderness areas and let them fend for themselves (perhaps various parts of Canada).

Also, I think that slavery worked rather well for millennia. It just is a morally repugnant process.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on July 08, 2009, 11:31:24 AM
I know, as soon as I posted it, I realized the fatal flaw.  Rather than mass executions, let's just expose them to the elements. Ship 'em out to wilderness areas and let them fend for themselves (perhaps various parts of Canada).
Welcome to the libertarian team, young Padawan. :menace:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on July 08, 2009, 11:29:46 AM
The most efficient solution would be mass executions. :)
Another advantage is that we'd need to hire more executioners, which would further stimulate our economy.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on July 08, 2009, 11:31:18 AM
Apparently the answer to that question is "yes" if one happens to live in a district populated by Raz clones. :smarty:

I live in California. We spend but don't tax. :goodboy:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on July 08, 2009, 11:33:16 AM
Quote from: Caliga on July 08, 2009, 11:31:18 AM
Apparently the answer to that question is "yes" if one happens to live in a district populated by Raz clones. :smarty:

I live in California. We spend but don't tax. :goodboy:
How's that working out for you?

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on July 08, 2009, 11:26:17 AM
Sorry, but I'd rather not foot the bill for your social experiment.

Um...dude you are going to foot the bill eventually anyway.  Nothing is free.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on July 08, 2009, 11:32:55 AM
Another advantage is that we'd need to hire more executioners, which would further stimulate our economy.
I love it when a plan comes together.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on July 08, 2009, 11:32:11 AM
Welcome to the libertarian team, young Padawan. :menace:

Sorry, but I don't like fruitcake.

That said, I do think exposing people to the elements is one good technique we can re-adopt from the ancients.  And why, we'd be merciful. If one of the sloths managed to make it back to society, we wouldn't ship him out again. :)

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2009, 11:33:57 AM
Um...dude you are going to foot the bill eventually anyway.  Nothing is free.

I don't think I'll live long enough. :)

garbon

Caliga

:lol: garbo I just noticed you changed my slavery comment in your quote.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on July 08, 2009, 11:38:30 AM
:lol: garbo I just noticed you changed my slavery comment in your quote.

:o
That was entirely a mistake. When editing my post, I accidentally put my sentence in your quote. :blush:

garbon

That said, it was better, Cal, when it read that you though slavery was repugnant so mass executions were better. :P

Caliga

Mass executions are a passable solution for many problems. :yes:

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Caliga on July 08, 2009, 11:44:10 AM
Mass executions are a passable solution for many problems. :yes:

That's how the Romans balanced their budget in between invasion and plunder sessions. California needs a good round of proscription.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers