News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

California’s Nightmare Will Kill Obamanomics

Started by jimmy olsen, July 06, 2009, 10:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 08, 2009, 10:39:40 AM
Meanwhile California is proving once again that it is the land of fruits and nuts:

What a circus.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

"Look, we're pro-condiment, we're pro-fruit, but the focus needs to be on the budget crisis," McLear said. "

Yes, pro-condiments, with our without fruit! Prevent unwanted pregnancies!! Who could be against that?   :P

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on July 08, 2009, 08:46:29 AM

Well, I don't know about that. I think they are managing to tax me just fine.

Oh you poor little thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on July 08, 2009, 08:46:29 AM
Well, I don't know about that. I think they are managing to tax me just fine.

Indeed. What they don't do enough is cut spending.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 08, 2009, 09:47:45 AM
CORRECT!

Grab everything that isn't nailed down is my philosophy.

That kind of attitude is what killed California. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on July 08, 2009, 11:07:55 AM
Indeed. What they don't do enough is cut spending.

I would be fine with either.

The problem is when you start increasing spending while not taxing, nobody feels the sacrifice for your policies.  The American people need to pay for the expensive policies they keep demanding the people they elect make or the system will fail.

Tax and spend or don't spend and don't tax but spending while not taxing is the path to disaster.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

I wouldn't be fine with either. The government already takes enough out of my paychecks as it is and I'm not even in a high income bracket.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on July 08, 2009, 11:16:25 AM
We wouldn't expect you to be able to relate. -_-

Perhaps we should tax the chronically unemployed on theoretically wages (as they only pose a drain on the system) and then when they can't pay, force them to volunteer for public works. That way, Michelle Obama can be said to have inspired a lot of people to volunteer. :)

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on July 08, 2009, 11:15:20 AM
I wouldn't be fine with either. The government already takes enough out of my paychecks as it is and I'm not even in a high income bracket.

I know but if the government took MORE then people would decide maybe having the government do everything is, in fact, a bad idea.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2009, 11:23:44 AM
I know but if the government took MORE then people would decide maybe having the government do everything is, in fact, a bad idea.

Sorry, but I'd rather not foot the bill for your social experiment.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on July 08, 2009, 11:26:17 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2009, 11:23:44 AM

Sorry, but I'd rather not foot the bill for your social experiment.
I'd prefer that you do, so tough luck.  Democracy is a wonderful thing.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on July 08, 2009, 11:19:56 AM
Perhaps we should tax the chronically unemployed on theoretically wages (as they only pose a drain on the system) and then when they can't pay, force them to volunteer for public works. That way, Michelle Obama can be said to have inspired a lot of people to volunteer. :)
The problem with this theory is that alot of chronically unemployed people (and I'm not saying Raz necessarily fits in this category) either flat-out refuse to work or are grossly incapable of doing nearly any sort of work.  In earlier times these sort of people might be expected to at least do unskilled labor but nowadays many of them are absurdly overweight, and plus we have machines to do alot of that shit now.

Anyway the reason why that wouldn't work is the same reason why slavery didn't work all that well: if people have no will whatsoever to work and drag their feet at every opportunity, they're more of a liability to an employer than an asset.

The most efficient solution would be mass executions. :)

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on July 08, 2009, 11:28:16 AM

So you think it likely that people are going to vote to have congress members who tax the hell out of them? :lol:

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on July 08, 2009, 11:29:53 AM
Quote from: DGuller on July 08, 2009, 11:28:16 AM

So you think it likely that people are going to vote to have congress members who tax the hell out of them? :lol:
Apparently the answer to that question is "yes" if one happens to live in a district populated by Raz clones. :smarty: