News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

California’s Nightmare Will Kill Obamanomics

Started by jimmy olsen, July 06, 2009, 10:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on July 06, 2009, 01:26:12 PM
As someone who formerly despised Romney, I wouldn't mind him.

He's far from inspiring, but they could do far worse.

I still think HUck has a great shot at it - depending on how he positions himself and who he surrounds himself with.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DGuller on July 06, 2009, 12:50:00 PM
Quote from: Jos Theelen on July 06, 2009, 12:48:07 PM
Who is Kevin A. Hassett: He served as an economic adviser to the George W. Bush 2004 presidential campaign and as Senator McCain's chief economic adviser during the 2000 presidential primaries. He also served as a senior economic adviser to the McCain 2008 presidential campaign.
:face:

It's right at the end of the article I posted. :mellow:
It's not like it was a secret. Nor does he speak positively of Bush's fiscal acumen.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Quote from: Barrister on July 06, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

I still think HUck has a great shot at it - depending on how he positions himself and who he surrounds himself with.

:lmfao:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Hansmeister

No, Huckabee doesn't have a chance.  Six months into Obamanomics it is already clear what a disaster it is.  by 2012 the economy will still be rather shitty, deficits will be massive, and the dirigiste economy championed by obama will be wholly discredited.  The country will look for someone who can exhibited economic competence, and as much as i dislike Romney, nobody fits the bill more than him.  Huckabee's economic populism will not work.  Romey will be able to raise massive amounts of money from every businessman and financier who doesn't depend on gov't handouts and steamroll the competition.  Plus, he can inject plenty of his own money if necessary.

Neil

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 06, 2009, 03:47:11 PM

No, Huckabee doesn't have a chance.  Six months into Obamanomics it is already clear what a disaster it is.  by 2012 the economy will still be rather shitty, deficits will be massive, and the dirigiste economy championed by obama will be wholly discredited.  The country will look for someone who can exhibited economic competence, and as much as i dislike Romney, nobody fits the bill more than him.  Huckabee's economic populism will not work.  Romey will be able to raise massive amounts of money from every businessman and financier who doesn't depend on gov't handouts and steamroll the competition.  Plus, he can inject plenty of his own money if necessary.
Won't Obama just seize Romney's assets?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

Almost me too.  But I don't have much respect for the ass after becoming an absentee governor.  If he had such little liking for the job he should have resigned.
PDH!

Barrister

First it's ridiculous at this early stage to say that anyone "doesn't have a chance".  It's too early.  Hell Dan Quayle could conceivably make a comeback and be the Republican nominee in 2012.

Second, there's no guarantee that Huck would run on the same platform of economic populism as he did before.  I even said it would depend on his platform and who he surrounds himself with.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Phillip V

Quote from: Barrister on July 06, 2009, 04:58:43 PMFirst it's ridiculous at this early stage to say that anyone "doesn't have a chance".  It's too early.  Hell Dan Quayle could conceivably make a comeback and be the Republican nominee in 2012.

Second, there's no guarantee that Huck would run on the same platform of economic populism as he did before.  I even said it would depend on his platform and who he surrounds himself with.
Good. Then Sarah can win.

Razgovory

What happens if the economy picks up?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Phillip V on July 06, 2009, 05:11:33 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 06, 2009, 04:58:43 PMFirst it's ridiculous at this early stage to say that anyone "doesn't have a chance".  It's too early.  Hell Dan Quayle could conceivably make a comeback and be the Republican nominee in 2012.

Good. Then Sarah can win.
Not a chance.  Palin is clown shoes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

California is a classic example why diverse societies with extensive direct democracy measures are bound to fail.

Faeelin

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on July 06, 2009, 05:23:49 PM
California is a classic example why diverse societies with extensive direct democracy measures are bound to fail.

And yet California somehow managed to survive with them for almost 100 years.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on July 06, 2009, 05:32:55 PM

Indeed.  It would seem that some combination of modern technology and allowing non-whites to wield political power is what tipped California over the edge into complete failure.

Fate

Quote from: garbon on July 06, 2009, 05:32:55 PM

Mexicans and blacks couldn't vote for the majority of those 100 years. California has only gone downhill since the mid 60s.