California’s Nightmare Will Kill Obamanomics

Started by jimmy olsen, July 06, 2009, 10:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: Valmy on July 06, 2009, 12:05:45 PM
QuoteThe key players in Washington are Senator Evan Bayh and 15 Senate Democrats who joined him this year in forming a coalition of moderates. One thing that has distinguished moderate Democrats from the garden variety of the species is heightened concern about fiscal responsibility.

I had some hopes that the crisis would create a political re-alignment but the hijacking of the Tea Party thing pretty much shows me that any protest against government policy eventually just becomes a tool for the party out of power to use and thus rather pointless.
Some of the recent tea parties made a point to not have, or not invite, and to discourage, politicians from attending. Especially ones in Texas where the Repubs have been joining in, the governor especially. Good move I say. My take is that neither party has much room to talk about being better at fiscal responsibility.

Jos Theelen

Who is Kevin A. Hassett: He served as an economic adviser to the George W. Bush 2004 presidential campaign and as Senator McCain's chief economic adviser during the 2000 presidential primaries. He also served as a senior economic adviser to the McCain 2008 presidential campaign.

DGuller

Quote from: Jos Theelen on July 06, 2009, 12:48:07 PM
Who is Kevin A. Hassett: He served as an economic adviser to the George W. Bush 2004 presidential campaign and as Senator McCain's chief economic adviser during the 2000 presidential primaries. He also served as a senior economic adviser to the McCain 2008 presidential campaign.
:face:

Valmy

Quote from: Jos Theelen on July 06, 2009, 12:48:07 PM

Whew I was afraid he was biased.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: KRonn on July 06, 2009, 12:44:55 PM
My take is that neither party has much room to talk about being better at fiscal responsibility.

Both parties love to talk about it though...when they are out of power.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Hansmeister

It looks like everything is conspiring to elect Romney President in 2012.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on July 06, 2009, 12:08:31 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 06, 2009, 12:06:24 PM
Wow you cannot even afford to repeal the initiatives that are bankrupting you?  How ironic.

Well someone is going to have to get the word out there to encourage voters to vote to repeal initiatives. I'd assume that would cost money.

Can't this be done through facebook and twitter? :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on July 06, 2009, 01:02:34 PM
Can't this be done through facebook and twitter? :P

I don't think so, Obama.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 06, 2009, 01:00:29 PM

:lmfao: So delusional. Romney/Palin 2012?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Valmy

Please tell me you people can find somebody else.

DGuller

Everything except reality.

garbon

As someone who formerly despised Romney, I wouldn't mind him.

Phillip V

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 06, 2009, 01:13:47 PM
Pretty face to balance out the ticket?
Romney is pretty face enough, especially despite his age.