5 (17.2%)
The End
0 (0%)
Cauliflower, cauldron, zero, zero, five, nine
2 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Phillip V on January 06, 2017, 07:03:51 PM
I doubt that 2017 will be worse than 2018.

And 2019 will make us refer to this year as "the good old days".
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Richard Hakluyt

Off to a terrible start already, Berkut used a grocer's apostrophe for example....."we are all American's"  :(

The end of civilisation draws nigh.

Voted "meh". I think that life is still, on average, getting better for the 7 billion; but it may be that that is merely residual momentum from past improvements, perhaps it will all grind to a halt and go into reverse soon  :hmm:

Monoriu

Quote from: Jacob on January 06, 2017, 08:42:08 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on January 06, 2017, 08:12:06 PM
Yeah.  The successor is supposed to understudy Xi for 5 years and succeed him in 2022. 

But that may not happen and Xi may stay on.

Is there anything in particular that indicates that Xi will break with established the CCP succession process?

Xi has moved the policy sliders toward centralisation  :ph34r:

celedhring

What's the last option supposed to mean? Some quote or board meme I'm ignorant of?

Regarding 2017... it's summed up with "I have a bad feeling about this".

AnchorClanker

2017 will be wretched.  Top off your mugs, mateys.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 07, 2017, 12:15:44 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on January 06, 2017, 07:03:51 PM
I doubt that 2017 will be worse than 2018.

And 2019 will make us refer to this year as "the good old days".

grumbler

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on January 07, 2017, 01:35:02 AM
Off to a terrible start already, Berkut used a grocer's apostrophe for example....."we are all American's"  :(

Thanks for using the name of this error; I hadn't known the name for it until you posted.  What I don't understand is why it is becoming so common.  I almost never used to see it, but now I see it all the time. Adding the apostrophe takes effort; I can understand people using shortcuts, but why longcuts?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

One big  thing I'm wondering about with regards to Trump is; do we think he will even see out a full term?
I think the odds are pretty good for him getting impeached. Not to mention that he's not a young guy and could always just die.

It's probably my being on the other side of the Atlantic talking but to be honest I'm not too spectacularly worried about Trump. I think the dems will strike back in 2018 and take the houses, so it's only two years he has to make an ass of the country.

It's brexit which has me far more worried. That is something which really stands to literally end the UK. Scotland should be a peaceful secession but Ireland...jesus that could get messy.
The only possible way for Brexit to possibly "work" is if the government goes full on neoliberal and turns the country into a western Singapore with a large hinterland.
As much as the majority of leave voters may be less than bright people who were tricked, those who did the tricking are not. And what they propose to do to the country....

Quote from: celedhring on January 07, 2017, 05:06:48 AM
What's the last option supposed to mean? Some quote or board meme I'm ignorant of?

Regarding 2017... it's summed up with "I have a bad feeling about this".

Just a random gibberish I don't want to vote option.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on January 07, 2017, 11:13:21 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on January 07, 2017, 01:35:02 AM

Thanks for using the name of this error; I hadn't known the name for it until you posted.  What I don't understand is why it is becoming so common.  I almost never used to see it, but now I see it all the time. Adding the apostrophe takes effort; I can understand people using shortcuts, but why longcuts?
I can understand the temptation with acronyms.  Putting a small "s" at the end of a series of capital letters can feel a bit odd, so it's easy to assume that some connector is required.

Berkut

You guys can in fact go fuck yourselves. Or yourselve's. Or yourselves'. Or fuck your elves. For that matter. :P
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 06, 2017, 08:35:37 PM
A fucking load of crap topped with diharrea.

WRONG THREAD

use your own thread for your updates.

The Brain

Or the Everyday Adventures thread. It's open. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.