News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Whither Obamacare?

Started by Jacob, January 05, 2017, 01:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will the GOP do to Obamacare?

There will be much sturm und drang, but ultimately no concrete action will be taken. It'll still be Obamacare.
5 (13.2%)
They'll attempt to rebrand it and own it, changing a few details, but otherwise leaving it in place.
6 (15.8%)
They'll replace it with something terrific that provides better coverage and cheaper too for the populace.
2 (5.3%)
They'll repeal it without a replacement, leaving large number of Americans without coverage for a significant period of time, perhaps forever.
17 (44.7%)
They'll repeal it with a replacement that screws over some people, but still covers some people significantly and call that an improvement.
7 (18.4%)
Some other outcome.
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on March 24, 2017, 06:55:26 PM
They've been on the obstructionist track so long they've forgotten how to do anything else.

So true.  The only thing that would make this clown car more fun to watch would be if they went all Taiwan Parliament.

Valmy

I could think of lots of ways this might be more fun. Like if the Republicans were not completely useless fucks. These guys make the 1990s Republicans look like the Founding Fathers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2017, 07:07:42 PM
I could think of lots of ways this might be more fun. Like if the Republicans were not completely useless fucks. These guys make the 1990s Republicans look like the Founding Fathers.

You guys survived bad politicians before, you'll be fine. Lay back and think of England for a few years.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

FunkMonk

The Trump Administration is likely going to have to administer Obamacare for the rest of its tenure :lol:

Congressional Republicans voted multiple times to repeal Obamacare under President Obama and have voted 0 times under Trump and they've already given up  :lol: :lol:

Who wrote this script?? Give him all the money, Hollywood.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 24, 2017, 07:03:38 PM
They've been on the obstructionist track so long they've forgotten how to do anything else.

So true.  The only thing that would make this clown car more fun to watch would be if they went all Taiwan Parliament.

It'd be funnier if you weren't such a large part of the world economy.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on March 24, 2017, 07:09:04 PM

You guys survived bad politicians before, you'll be fine. Lay back and think of England for a few years.

I am doing my best to not pay attention.

But I guess  should point out the last time we had really bad politicians running things a civil war broke out.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2017, 07:10:30 PM
Quote from: HVC on March 24, 2017, 07:09:04 PM

I am doing my best to not pay attention.

But I guess  should point out the last time we had really bad politicians running things a civil war broke out.

The pro-corporation, corruption, and overall buffoonery makes me think of Harding.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on March 24, 2017, 07:21:20 PM
The pro-corporation, corruption, and overall buffoonery makes me think of Harding.

The Congress was basically sound though. We returned to normalcy.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on March 24, 2017, 07:10:08 PM
It'd be funnier if you weren't such a large part of the world economy.

Don't worry, we're well on our way to Venezuela.

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2017, 06:52:00 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 24, 2017, 03:02:33 PM
He's finished.  Administration will implode momentarily.

Your party can't do shit. But sure blame Trump.

They've driven to the wilderness any Republican politicians smart enough to create Republican policy, rather than just wailing about Democratic policies.  Any moron can obstruct, and the more moronic you are, the more you fix on obstruction.  Of course they obstruct the Republican administration; it's the only trick they know.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sophie Scholl

Did the axing of the coverage mandate go through?  If so, there's almost a guarantee that it will "explode".  I know it was debated and the process was at least started to eliminate it, but I don't know if the final effort was tied to the passage of Trumpcare.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 25, 2017, 01:32:21 AM
Did the axing of the coverage mandate go through?  If so, there's almost a guarantee that it will "explode".  I know it was debated and the process was at least started to eliminate it, but I don't know if the final effort was tied to the passage of Trumpcare.

Nothing went through. Zilch.

Sophie Scholl

Good to hear.  Is there any way they can do that independent of repealing the ACA?  That is definitely a way to make it all go to hell, which seems to be their continued game plan.  I mean, it's more of a continuation of break the system and refuse to allow the government to work or operate that they've been running with since Obama was elected.  It has been remarkably successful so far I must admit.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Holy shit!  :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

AliceOllsteinTwitter
QuoteI can't get over this quote from @RepJoeBarton after the #AHCA failed.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point