News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

RIP George Michael

Started by The Larch, December 25, 2016, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Whoa. :(

My youngest sister was a teen in the 80s and a huge Wham/George Michael fan. Back when we had only one TV,  the weekly music video show was set to debut their latest video. She was looking forward to it for a week.

A few minutes before it was supposed to air our Dad switched to news. My sister was outraged and didn't talk to him for a week. 

The video? Last Christmas. Little did we know that it would become one of the most overplayed songs of the season ever. :D

:(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Is the other guy in Wham OK?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Monoriu

Aside from Careless Whisper and Last Christmas, what are his best songs?  :unsure:

Liep

Quote from: Monoriu on December 26, 2016, 07:34:07 PM
Aside from Careless Whisper and Last Christmas, what are his best songs?  :unsure:

Faith, Freedom, Father Figure, Jesus to a Child are good ones.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Drakken

Quote from: The Brain on December 26, 2016, 01:58:31 AM

Is the other guy in Wham OK?

He is living just fine on his restored farm property with his wife, Keren Woodward from Bananarama.

celedhring

I once met the 'tache guy in Club Tropicana (he ran the Ibiza hotel where the video was made, and was friend of a friend). He had a pretty tragic story behind him; his son had been murdered while trying to sell the hotel to some scammers in the late 1990s.