And we're back!

Main Menu

RIP George Michael

Started by The Larch, December 25, 2016, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

2016 keeps reaping...

QuoteEx-Wham! singer George Michael dies

Singer George Michael has died aged 53, his publicist has said.
The star, who launched his career with Wham! in the 1980s and later continued his success as a solo performer, is said to have "passed away peacefully at home".
Thames Valley Police said South Central Ambulance Service attended a property in Goring in Oxfordshire at 13:42 GMT.
Police say there were no suspicious circumstances.
Michael, who was born Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou in north London, sold more than 100m albums throughout a career spanning almost four decades.
Earlier this month it was announced that producer and songwriter Naughty Boy was working with Michael on a new album.
In a statement, the star's publicist said: "It is with great sadness that we can confirm our beloved son, brother and friend George passed away peacefully at home over the Christmas period.
"The family would ask that their privacy be respected at this difficult and emotional time. There will be no further comment at this stage."
In 2011, Michael postponed a series of concerts after being taken to hospital for treatment for pneumonia.
After treatment in a Vienna hospital, he made a tearful appearance outside his London home and said it had been "touch and go" whether he lived.
Doctors were said to have performed a tracheotomy to keep his airways open and he was unconscious for some of his spell in hospital.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38432862

jimmy olsen

What the fuck? Way too young. :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Drakken

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

dps

Scipio

Truly, it was his last Christmas.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

mongers

Quote from: dps on December 25, 2016, 08:07:16 PM
Quote from: The Larch on December 25, 2016, 06:21:56 PM
2016 keeps reaping...

And it's still got a week left.

Rick Parfitt, one half of Status Quo, died yesterday:

One of rock's most recognisable guitarists, Status Quo's Rick Parfitt, has died in hospital aged 68.

Full article here, but as yet no obituary.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38428665
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on December 25, 2016, 08:07:16 PM
Quote from: The Larch on December 25, 2016, 06:21:56 PM
2016 keeps reaping...

And it's still got a week left.

No shit, 2016 continues to try to erase the 1980s from existence even with one week left.  Somebody get Sting and Madonna into continuity of government protocols.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Scipio on December 25, 2016, 08:10:20 PM
Truly, it was his last Christmas.

He's never going to dance again.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Drakken

Someone should have woken him up before he go-goes.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.