News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World War Tweet: The Megaton Thread!

Started by CountDeMoney, December 22, 2016, 02:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/821344302651555840
QuoteThe same people who did the phony election polls, and were so wrong, are now doing approval rating polls. They are rigged just like before.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on January 17, 2017, 08:25:14 AM
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/821344302651555840
QuoteThe same people who did the phony election polls, and were so wrong, are now doing approval rating polls. They are rigged just like before.

Rating, it's all about the ratings. 

I wonder how successful a troll of him would be based along the lines of, 'Survey shows Trump least successful President', releasesd at say 12.02 pm EST Friday? 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Quote from: mongers on January 16, 2017, 09:59:58 PM
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump    50m

"@drgoodspine: @realDonaldTrump @Ivanka Trump is great, a woman with real character and class."

Apparently that was the wrong @Ivanka :D

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/01/17/wrong-ivanka-good-reply-trump-confused-daughter/

Quote"I came downstairs to check my phone and I had so many notifications," she told the BBC. "It's very unusual to be speaking to both ITV and the BBC 45 minutes into your day."

@realDonaldTrump @drgoodspine And you're a man with great responsibilities. May I suggest more care on Twitter and more time learning about #climatechange. pic.twitter.com/kBMEGZYtig
— Ivanka Majic (@ivanka) January 17, 2017

Naturally the mistake was quickly pointed out...

@realDonaldTrump @drgoodspine @ivanka Ivanka Majic from Brighton, England, is a wonderful woman. You're right. RIP her mentions though.
— Mark Pygas (@MarkPygas) January 17, 2017

So Trump is tagging his daughter on twitter but gets some random stranger by mistake. Funny!

Gets the nuclear codes on Friday, did you say?
— Jonathan Coe (@jonathancoe) January 17, 2017

Still, it could be worse – she could be not-the-shop John Lewis, who not only gets tweets about Christmas adverts – but also gets fun messages from people who think he's the US civil rights campaigner Congressman John Lewis, who Trump has been arguing with recently.

Depressing day. 90% of misdirected tweets today were racist rants, which I did NOT redirect or reply to.
— John Lewis (@johnlewis) January 16, 2017

This almost made my Twitter experience today worth it. Almost. https://t.co/zDBzxhgQyG
— John Lewis (@johnlewis) January 16, 2017
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 16, 2017, 10:21:01 PM
He seems to think he's got a conduit direct to his supporters that bypasses fake news. I was thinking he'd give it up after inauguration, but now I'm not so sure.

There have been multiple pieces quoting Conaway, Spicer and "senior members of the transition team" going back to the election stating that he will not be giving up the Teh Twitter. 

Why do so many people insist on seeing things in Donald Trump that are not there?  The fuck is wrong with you people?

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 17, 2017, 12:46:11 PM
Why do so many people insist on seeing things in Donald Trump that are not there?  The fuck is wrong with you people?

One particular thing to look forward to is the "it's not him, it's his evil advisors" opinion which will be voiced often as the years go by and the fans will have more and more trouble aligning their worshipping with reality.

The Minsky Moment

This morning commute - I overhead a conversation between 2 bien pensant Manhattanites.
One was saying he is now "optimistic " about Trump because he doesn't seem to share the GOP views on healthcare policy and climate change.

Had to stifle a laugh.  They still don't get it.  Trump doesn't have policies on things like healthcare or climate change.  He doesn't have the faintest clue about what those things are.  And if he did know he couldnt care less.  The policies we get will be determined in sweeps week. It's all about what he ends of thinking will make good TV.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

frunk

I think there are two things Trump believes.

Protectionism is a good idea.
Immigrants are bad.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: frunk on January 17, 2017, 01:27:20 PM
I think there are two things Trump believes.

Protectionism is a good idea.
Immigrants are bad.

He thinks protectionism is a good idea - as long as as he is free to manufacture his branded goods overseas and there is no restriction on capital export.  He thinks immigrants are bad unless they save him money on a construction project or if he wants to marry one.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

frunk

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 17, 2017, 01:32:24 PM
He thinks protectionism is a good idea - as long as as he is free to manufacture his branded goods overseas and there is no restriction on capital export.  He thinks immigrants are bad unless they save him money on a construction project or if he wants to marry one.

I should of added #3:

Trump is exceptional and shouldn't be subject to rules or laws.

mongers

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 17, 2017, 01:22:10 PM

This morning commute - I overhead a conversation between 2 bien pensant Manhattanites.
One was saying he is now "optimistic " about Trump because he doesn't seem to share the GOP views on healthcare policy and climate change.

Had to stifle a laugh.  They still don't get it.  Trump doesn't have policies on things like healthcare or climate change.  He doesn't have the faintest clue about what those things are.  And if he did know he couldnt care less.  The policies we get will be determined in sweeps week. It's all about what he ends of thinking will make good TV.

As I said earlier, it all comes down to ratings.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Companies are "recycling" old job creation announcements to avoid Trump's twitter attacks:

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/economy/companies-are-recycling-their-old-news-avoid-being-blasted-trump-n707921?cid=sm_tw_nbcnews

Article updated with Trump reaction tweets. :lol:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on January 18, 2017, 05:53:59 PM
So whose desk is it?

https://www.instagram.com/p/-7idBWFZyy/

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/821772494864580614

He seriously called Mar-a-Lago (my fingers bleed just for having to type that atrocity, btw) "the Winter White House"?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on January 18, 2017, 05:53:59 PM
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/821772494864580614

That's as bad as the news conference the other day with all the empty manila folders.  :lol:
You know who holds writing pads like that?  Kids that don't want the teacher to see they haven't written anything on the essay portion of the test the whole time.   :lol: 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on January 18, 2017, 11:27:35 AM
Companies are "recycling" old job creation announcements to avoid Trump's twitter attacks:

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/economy/companies-are-recycling-their-old-news-avoid-being-blasted-trump-n707921?cid=sm_tw_nbcnews

Article updated with Trump reaction tweets. :lol:

I wonder which company out there is going to finally have enough of his "Fun With Teamster Negotiations!" bullshit approach to modern economics, and have the balls to be the first to tell him to fuck off.   And sue the US Government for market manipulation of company stocks under the Securities Exchange Act.