News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What's in your bug-out bag?

Started by merithyn, December 19, 2016, 03:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on January 31, 2017, 03:04:58 PM
He picked Raz so I don't think it was based on their wilderness skill competence.

And Garbon, who, much as I love him, isn't likely to be much help outside a city environment.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on January 31, 2017, 03:03:17 PM
<_<

Sure, leave off the archer who kills and dresses farm animals on the regular. You boys have fun with that.

Too much inter-group drama.  Doesn't work and play well with others.  Would leave for a new group after a while.

11B4V

Quote from: 11B4V on January 30, 2017, 10:59:45 PM
My post apocalyptic California adventuring party would be

Garbon
Seedy
Ed
YI
Berkut
Raz
Grumbler

<_<

Sure, leave off the archer who kills and dresses farm animals on the regular. You boys have fun with that.

I picked it for the lively convention. Entertainment is a premium in a survival situation.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on January 31, 2017, 03:04:58 PM
He picked Raz so I don't think it was based on their wilderness skill competence.

He was going to eat us.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on January 31, 2017, 08:07:51 PM
I picked it for the lively convention. Entertainment is a premium in a survival situation.

Smart phones and autocorrect I get, so no grief about lively convention, but if you're going to edit the post anyway you should clean up that mess.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 31, 2017, 08:11:39 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 31, 2017, 08:07:51 PM

Smart phones and autocorrect I get, so no grief about lively convention, but if you're going to edit the post anyway you should clean up that mess.

Too late now, you quoted it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

11Bravo picked today for "Talk Like a 19th Century Genteel Man of Letters Day." 

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 31, 2017, 04:17:58 PM
<_<

Too much inter-group drama.  Doesn't work and play well with others.  Would leave for a new group after a while.

Would get shot in the back for nagging.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 31, 2017, 04:17:58 PM
<_<

Current job: Love them all, working and playing well with all of them, plan to stay indefinitely.

But you're right. You're not a functional group of people, and I don't tolerate dysfunction well.

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 31, 2017, 08:53:11 PM
Would get shot in the back for nagging.

Fuck you. And did you take your meds? And for god's sake, shower every once in a while. My eyes are watering here...
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Valmy

My God. We would all die in less than an hour in a post-apocalyptic scenario wouldn't we? By friendly fire.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Yes. I would bathe in everybody's blood.

CountDeMoney

it certainly wouldn't last 8 seasons, that's for sure.

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on January 31, 2017, 09:08:54 PM
My God. We would all die in less than an hour in a post-apocalyptic scenario wouldn't we? By friendly fire.

its not friendly if Ed does it on purpose to take your mac n cheese
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.