News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fidel Castro Dead

Started by Habbaku, November 26, 2016, 12:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Quote from: Valmy on November 28, 2016, 07:31:52 PM

I am the true international disgrace Spicey, even surpassing Obama, as I have never seen Anchorman. :weep:

There are two funny scenes, the rest is bleh.

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 28, 2016, 09:02:54 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 28, 2016, 08:05:24 PM
In tracking this down I saw one article that mentioned how the official president of the United States has called ISIS barbaric in official statements.

Obama>Trudeau
No argument there

Ditto.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: frunk on November 28, 2016, 09:04:55 PM

I am the true international disgrace Spicey, even surpassing Obama, as I have never seen Anchorman. :weep:

The whole movie was gold.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: 11B4V on November 28, 2016, 07:51:54 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 28, 2016, 05:29:13 PM
Anchorman. Never mind!

I've only seen bits and pieces. So don't feel bad.

Don't much care for Will Ferrell, so I haven't bothered.

derspiess

You guys are weird.  If it was Anime or a Game of Thrones episode you'd be all over it.

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on November 28, 2016, 11:32:12 PM
You guys are weird.  If it was Anime or a Game of Thrones episode you'd be all over it.
:yucky: and  :yucky:

Cartoons and Fantasy Soap Operas.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on November 28, 2016, 11:32:12 PM

Slander!
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 28, 2016, 08:51:34 AM
Quote from: derspiess on November 28, 2016, 08:50:12 AM
Trudeau does kind of look a little like Castro  :hmm:

Maybe his mother was fucked by Castro? I mean Trudeau senior was a kind and sensitive person so...

I guess it shouldn't be surprising that this is a lovely bit of conservative fake news, right now.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

I saw Anchorman a couple months ago, and I thought it was awful. Laughed at the reporter showdown scene and that's about it.

garbon

I think Anchorman is funny but you have to be in the right mood for that kind of humor. In general, though, I don't care for Will Ferrell.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

I find him mildly amusing in the correct dosages, but 95% of the humor in Anchorman fell totally flat on me, for some reason. And it's not particularly different to the rest of his work, it's just another variation of the egotist-macho-asshole character he always does.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on November 29, 2016, 04:19:13 AM
I think Anchorman is funny but you have to be in the right mood for that kind of humor. In general, though, I don't care for Will Ferrell.

Agreed on all points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: celedhring on November 29, 2016, 04:25:48 AM
, it's just another variation of the egotist-macho-asshole character he always does.

You forgot "man-child".  ;)

celedhring

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 29, 2016, 04:27:59 AM
Quote from: celedhring on November 29, 2016, 04:25:48 AM
, it's just another variation of the egotist-macho-asshole character he always does.

You forgot "man-child".  ;)

Also "tacky". Too many hyphens already, though.

viper37

Quote from: frunk on November 28, 2016, 09:04:55 PM

Talladega nights was way funnier.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.